Chapter 13

My eyes widened as he said those words to me. I fell in love with Mari? Mari? My friend? My childhood friend? The person that I grew up with?

I took a step back thinking about it. She did have a cute smile on her face and her laugh was music to my ears. I did love the hugs she would give me when she saw me. Or the fact that she'd make outfits for us both. I'd always ask for a princess outfit, and she'd make me one. But she never wore a princess dress like me.

My memories came back to me.....

"I want a pink dress.... no make it blue." I said.

"Ok, Chloe. I'll make both if you want." she would say.

"Urg, I can't choose. Mari, you choose for me." I said.

"Oh, but... you look good in everything." She said, fiddling with her fingers.

"Even orange?"

"Yep."

"Green?"

"Of course."

"Hmm..... what about yellow?"

"Yellow?" Mari said.

"Yeah, even in yellow? Do I still look good?" I asked with my hands at my hips like my mother.

Mari smiled. "No, you don't look good in yellow." she said.

I was about to say something when she spoke up. "You look amazing in yellow. Like Bell from beauty and the beast. And like Bell, you'll marry the most handsome man ever." she said, with her big bright smile.

I blushed a little at the thought. "I do look good in everything then... make me a yellow dress. Like Bell, but make mine more beautiful." I said.

"Of course, Chloe. I already made one for you. Here, I'll go get it." she ran downstairs and grabbed the dress. While she was getting the dress, I started to look through my closet to see if I had any yellow stuff that would match. I grabbed some shoes with some stars on them. I put on a yellow bracelet my daddy gave me. And a tannish yellow chocker.

Mari came back with the dress. "Here, try it on." she said.

I grabbed the dress and put it on.