Chapter 6 Chloe's past

Chloe's P.O.

I hated the idea of losing Adrien to that blue haired trash. Why would he choose her instead of me? I always saw that he was hanging out more with them and not me. He would always choose their side and not mine. It's like, he's someone who I don't know anymore. And it kills me.

After I got to the hotel, I swung open the door not wanting to wait for Jean. I could hear him call out my name, but I couldn't stop. I ran up to the elevator and quickly pressed the top floor. As soon as the doors closed I slid down the wall of the elevator. Tears were threatening to fall, but I held them in. I knew a lot of people come to this hotel. If someone saw me crying in the elevator, they'd probably give a bad review or something.

Holding in my tears was hard but I did it. Finally, the doors opened. I quickly got out and quickly looked for my room. After a while, I've learned that I can keep in my tears and feelings for a while. And I even know how long. However, now that Hawkmoth has taken over, it gets harder to try and stay calm and all. That's why I end up either not caring or bullying. I finally got to my room and opened the door.

My room is big. And of course I have more then enough space for everything.  And I'm not complaining, it's just that when I remember what I had to go through to get all this stuff... it make me wonder. Do I deserve this?

I walked around my room and sat on my bed. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was losing my best friend. Or should I say, I've already lost them.

10 years ago

"...H-hi. I'm Chloe."

"Hello, Chloe." Everyone said.

I was nervous. It was my first day at public school and I hated that I didn't know anyone. I pulled on my shirt, as if that alone would save me. I held on tight to Mr. Cuddles, my stuff bear.

He was with me through everything. From birth to now. He was there when my mom left me to go to New York. Daddy said that if I was ever scared or lonely that Mr. Cuddles will always be there for me.

I was in the corner wishing for the time to go by faster. I felt so uncomfortable. I knew I won't make friends in a day, but I was hoping for at least one friend. Everyone else went and talked about themselves.

"...I -I'm, um, I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng. And I'm 5 years old." She said, quietly.  She then sat down where I was sitting. She stayed quiet, not looking at anyone. Or me.

I looked at her. She had blue hair and blue eyes. She seemed scared, kinda like me. She had on flat shoes and wore her hair down. It was short, going only to her neck.

-------- Recess-------

I'm on the bench watching others have fun. Making new friends. Something I wish I could do. But I don't know how.

Dad was too busy with work. Mom was too. Plus anytime she did have time she would always say. "Friends are for the weak. That's why I have assistants." That didn't help me.

I sighed as I thought of a life with no friends. Mom and dad have each other, and I bet they were friends before. What if I never find a friend? Or a boyfriend? Or anyone? I'll die alone, and no one will even miss me. I started crying.

"Hey." I helt a warm hand on my shoulder. I turned my head and saw the blue haired girl from before. I looked away, hoping she didn't see me crying.

"Um, are you ok?" She asked.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" I said, through tears.

She looked at me. "You're crying." She said. Before I could say anything, she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the bathroom.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked her.

She turned on the sink and grabbed some paper towels. She got the paper towels and started to dampen them. "Here." She said, reaching out her hand to show me the damped paper towel.

"And what's that for?" I asked her.

"I just wanted to help dry your tears." She said.

"Then why did you dampen it? Why not get a dry paper towel?"

"Because this way it doesn't hurt you that much. A dry paper towel is to rough." She said.

I grabbed one damp paper towel and started to wipe away the tear stains. Marinette helped me as well.

"My name's Marinette." She said.

I smiled. "I'm Chloe."

We shook hands and greeted each other.

"I saw you talking to everyone... that was pretty cool." Marinette said, as she wiped another tear away.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course. I wish I could be more confident like you. I'm always scared." She said, clenching her chest.

"Hey, it's ok. Everyone gets scared. I was scared to get in front of everyone." I said.

She smiled at me. "Hey, um, can we become friends?" She asked me.

I smiled back at her. "Sure. Best friends?" I asked, handing out my hand. She smiled and shook my hand.

"Best friends forever." We both said.