chapter 11

Marinette left and I never seen her around much, the only time was during school.  But even them, I couldn't talk to her. My mother wanted me to make new friends,  mostly friends of rich, spoiled kids whose parents were rich and important.

That's how I met Adrian. I was scared he might be like the others, but the way he smiled at me made me think he was a nice person.

He walked over to me with his mom, or so I presume. She looked exactly like him. Long blond hair in a nice brain that was thrown over her shoulder. Her eyes were green and shined brightly at me. She didn't wear a fancy dress or jewelry. Just a pinion of a shape of an peacock. And of course a wedding band. But casual clothes, nothing fancy.

She stopped in front of me and smiled. "Hello, Chloe." She said, her voice so smooth and calming.

Her voice gave me the courage to talk. "Hi." I said.

"This is my son, Adrian. He's about your age. Say 'hi' Adrian. " she said, gesturing for the boy to talk. He hugged his mom's leg tight.

"HI, I'm Chloe." I said, holding out my hand.

He reached out and grabbed it, shaking it. "H-hi, I- I am Adrian. N-nice to m-met you." He said.

I smiled at him. Our parents then asked us to play while they talked. He looked up at his mom and she nodded her head. He then followed me to my playroom.

"This is my playroom, isn't it huge?" I asked him.

Adrian nodded. He wouldn't talk. I moved around the room. "Do you like dolls?" I asked, holding up my dolls. He shook his head. I moved around some more.

"House? Tag? Anything?" I asked him. He just shook his head. I sighed.

"Then can we just talk?" I asked.

He nodded and sat down across from me. I did the same, but wondered what to talk about. As I was thinking, he spoke up.

"Am I your first friend?"

"No." I said. "My first friend was, Mari. But my parents want me to make new friends. I don't get to see her much anymore. I miss her." I said, sadly.

He nodded. "Why don't you tell them that? I'm sure they'll let you two still be friends."

I shook my head. "It's not that easy.  You don't know my mom."

Adrian thought for a while, then spoke. "But you don't know MY mom! I'm sure she'll help you stay friends with her. Without telling."

My eyes glisten with hope. I'll see my friend again.  I hugged Adrian. "Thank you." I said.

We went to tell her and she agreed. 

Once a week, she'd babysit us both as of father's did business. And also mother never wanted to play with me, she was mostly buying something or going to the spa. Anything but be near me.

She'd take us to the park, and I'd see Mari playing with some other kids. Adrian never came around to play with us, he'd just stay with his mom. But it's OK, I had my Mari back.

When it was time to go, I kissed her cheek and wave goodbye. Saying "I'll miss you!" And she'd always say it back.

But one day........

Mother and father found out. They made sure I never see her again. Adrian's mom apologized and promised never to do it again. She looked at me. A "I'm so sorry" look was on her face.

Apparently, Sabrina's dad saw us and was upset that I'd rather hangout with "a baker's daughter " than with his daughter.

"Baker's daughter "? What's wrong with that? That just means everything she and her family makes is good, good enough that everyone of their customers love it.

That was another thing I loved about her. No matter what she makes, it's perfect. Even if she overcooked it or burnt it. Her parents taught her how to fix it.

I always wonder, if she could bake for me everyday in the future. I would eat every crumb.