Chapter 14: New friend

Chloe missed Marinette every day, but having Adrien around helped. Chloe would go on and on about Marinette. She kept everything Marinette ever given her and made sure no one touched them. She would have to hid them away, but would go back to her closet just to feel close to her again.

That was now her "safe place". A place no one but her can enter, not even her parents. She would put on a dress that Marinette had made for her and hold her teddy bear her mother gave her before leaving.

One day, her father called her into his office. When he did this it usually meant that Chloe was gonna be-friend a new person, like Adrien and Sabrina. Not that she minded, she liked having more friends but she would be more happy if it was Marinette.

Chloe walked into the room and looked up at her father. "Yes, Daddy?" She asked.

"Chloe, this is Mr. Perez. He's a friend of mine." He said. Chloe knew what he meant by that. This man was going to help him stay major and in return he'd get something back. The man looked at Chloe. "Ah, Miss Bourgeois. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too. Sir." Chloe replied.

"I'd like to introduce my second daughter, Cecilia Perez. I hope you two become best friends." Mr. Perez said.

Chloe walked over to the girl. "Hello, I am Chloe Bourgeois. It's nice to meet you." Chloe knew all the words to say to keep someone happy. Cecilia's parents were very rich and powerful people. Chloe was told and trained how to behave for weeks before meeting them. The mom and dad also had another daughter, but she was away in boarding school. While Cecilia was still in public school.

"Hi, Chloe. I'm so happy to meet you, too. You're my first friend, so I'm a little nervous." She whispered the last part to Chloe.

Chloe smiled a little. Only Sabrina was this nervous to meet her. Not even Adrien that much. Chloe always assumed that it was a rich person thing. But here Cecilia is, nervous and a little scared.

"It's ok, I was nervous too when I got my first friend. But I calmed down and now I know more about making friends. I can teach you if you want." Chloe said.

"Alright. What do you like to do?" She asked.

"Well, I like to dress up in beautiful clothes and play princess. How about you?"

"I like to play anything really. I'm not too picky." She said.

Chloe noticed she was looking down a lot and was fidgeting with her fingers. Cecilia then asked Chloe if they could go into her room to play.

"As long as it's ok with her father." Chloe's dad said.

Cecilia's dad looked at her then back at the major. "Yes, that would be a better idea. The grown-ups are talking." He said, looking straight at Cecilia.

"Sorry, father." Cecilia said, looking down.

"As you should. Ellody wouldn't interrupt us talking. In fact, she would already have her homework done, finished her violin practice, and would be re-viewing the Perez family and their history. Afterall, she is going to inherit the family company. She's the only one I can trust with it." He said, as if Cecilia wasn't there.

Cecilia bowed her head in shame and started walking away. Chloe was appalled at how Mr. Perez humiliated his own daughter. But Chloe knew not to say anything, even though she wanted to stick up for her. Instead, she went to see how Cecilia was doing.

Chloe went up to her room and heard soft crying. As she got closer to her room, she saw Cecilia curled up in a ball on the floor. She was hugging her knees as if they could make her feel better, but they didn't. Chloe hesitated at first but stepped closer to her.

Cecilia heard her coming and wiped her tears quickly. "C-Chloe! S-sorry, I was just...."

Chloe sighed and sat down next to her. "My mom left me when I was a baby." Chloe started saying. Cecilia was confused but listened to Chloe.

"She never came back until I was about 5. I found out it was only because she had a fashion show at the time. She also told me I had a sister. Well, step-sister. I thought we would do everything together and be best friends. And we were, for a little bit. But when she was doing better than me at everything, mother was proud of her not me. Not her first born. And when it was time for mother to leave again, guess who stayed and who left?" She said, almost in tears.

"Chloe, I'm so sorry. I had no idea." Cecilia said.

"What about you?" Chloe asked.

"Me and my sister were best friends, but then Ellody would only think about herself, and would always mess up. I always had to cover for her, but it came to the point where my parent think I'm a disappointment. Ellody blames me for 'ruining' her life, so my parents are leaving me with my aunt. She lives her in Paris. She's a nurse and agreed to take me in. She's really nice, I hope you can meet her one day."

Chloe smiled. "She sounds nice. Maybe I can. Were does she live?" Cecilia then told her where she lived and Chloe smile got bigger. "That's close to where MarMar lives."

Cecilia looked confused. "Who's MarMar?" She asked.

Chloe then went on and on about Marinette. How they met, what they did, and even how she might like her. "...Then Adrien said 'I think you fell in love with her', which I was like: 'No, that's crazy'..... right?"

Cecilia laughed. "Are you blind? I've never seen her but the way you described her gives me a perfect image of her. Hm, what if I also help you?" She asked.

"Really?" Chloe asked.

"Of course. Afterall, what are friends for. And since I live next to her, you'll have a reason to 'see' her, by accident, of course. And I just love happily ever after endings. Don't worry Chloe, you'll get your princess back, I guarantee."

"Thanks, Cecilia. Besides Adrien, you're my best friend."

Little do they know someone(s) were watching them from afar.

"What do we do now? If they succeed..."

"Yes, yes I know."

*RING RING*

"Yes?" "Good, now come back."

"Well?"

"The trap is in place. Now we wait. Oh, just you wait little brats, revenge will be so sweet."

Quick shoutout to Vanilla_Mint_Swirl for this new character. I hope you love her as much as I do.

If you also want to be part of this story, please let me know here.

Or on my discord: https://discord.gg/THYE2mH4an

I would love to hear from you guys and how you like this book. Thanks again for reading this. Have a wonderful day,

Love Blue Angle