30 | jack

The last person you expected to turn up on your desert island was your old captain Jack Sparrow.

"Goodness can't someone be marooned on an island in peace!" You shouted as him and another women waded to shore.

"Oh so the deserted part of this desert island was a lie then! Great. And she doesn't like you Jack, how bloody perfect."

The women, Elizabeth Swan tried to look quite dramatic as she strutted away but the sand meant that really she just looked rather stupid. She ran past you and up to the treeline to collapse in a heap.

Jack however came to stand right up close and regarded you, "Now I know I am going insane because last time I saw this face it came to me in a dream. Are you even real?"

He tentatively put his hand out as if it was going to go straight through you, it hit your collarbone, "Ah very real. That's even worse. Hello love. The Caribbean treating you well?"

You wanted to do a multitude of things to Captain Jack Sparrow as he stood inches away from you. Slap him, kiss him, absolutely deny that he could exist and lastly of all, you really just wanted to say how much you had missed him.

"Treating me well!" You decided for none of the above, "I'm marooned on a desert island and think I'm left for dead, drink loads of rum and then the next day when I am harbouring the worst hangover of my life the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow decides it's time to arrive!"

"That counts as well in my book."

"Your book thinks someone telling you they love you means that you have to run away."

"Actually I sailed away. Big difference there."

You slapped him then. It wasn't as satisfying as you thought it would be but it still helped.

---

Later that evening as you all sat around the fire you had built, drinking heavily the last reserves of the island you had left, Jack came up to you.

"Sorry that you can't sail away this time Sparrow, seems like your stuck with me."

"Seems like it." He leaned over you, took a bottle from your grasp and swigged a rather large proportion of the only rum left.

You snatched it back and finished the last drops, "Is that all you have to say?"

"I mean what can I say? That I do in fact, contrary to popular belief actually love you but as a man I am completely and utterly inept of dealing with my emotions, so I just choose to run away and drink more rum."

You had completely zoned out since he said "love you" so you didn't realise when he took back the rum bottle.

"It's empty." He said.

"You love me." You replied.

"Yes, but the bottle is empty. Where's the rum?"

"You actually love me and you still left me all those years ago?"

"Yes I love you. That's old news now, let's think about the here; why is the rum gone?"

 That's old news now, let's think about the here; why is the rum gone?"

"I drank it." You tell him.

"And you, are very lucky that I harbour deep and unexplored feelings towards you."

"You can say the words love Sparrow."

"I cannot. Not without more rum I can't."