20 | will

---

---

There are many things that you learnt on your time on the Black Pearl. The main one being that male clothing was extremely uncomfortable and the second one being that William Turner was probably one of the most handsome men you had ever laid eyes on. Of course, you had to suppress any inkling to stroke his hair or appreciate his muscles or your cover might have been blown. The penalty for a women on board - death - was not worth a few glorious minutes with Turner.

So you carried on your life as normally as possible given the circumstances and satisfied your emotions by the occasional back glance and a second two long stares. William only thought that went along with your strange set of skills; fixing the masts and holding your bladder for long periods of time being only two.

The midday Caribbean sun was getting to the crew's heads as the calm sea rolled the ship slowly, you spent your day idly looking at the mast without a sail along with the deck without deckhands. The only occasional thought coming into your head being a strong desire to relieve yourself in a bathroom, one that you had learnt to suppress.

However this sun was stronger than you had ever experienced. There were no clouds to offer any shade and you were condemned to the deck after a card game that you became too confident with.

The heat was building and you could feel the sweat seeping through the binding across your chest and onto the wood behind you. You had been ignoring it for so long now but it was suddenly becoming the only thing you could feel. The moisture running down your neck and the moist fabric rubbing against your skin.

You swore under your breath and looked at the trapdoor leading below decks, half expecting it to be flung open that second. You reasoned with yourself, all the crew was busy hydrating themselves with ale and rum. They wouldn't have any reason to venture into the heat, your dehydrated and heat-stroked mind assured you that would be the case.

So without a second thought, you stood up and facing the ocean began to unbutton your shirt so you could unbind the cotton for the first time since joining the pirate life. Once it had loosen a bit, you couldn't help but shake your shirt away from your shoulders to try and fully release the binding. You sighed at the first true pleasure you had experienced for a while.

Until a noise came from behind you and you felt the sharp point of a sword graze against your spine, you involuntarily shivered before the implications of the actions became clear. You stiffened and you dry swallowed causing your throat to ache due to lack of saliva. This wasn't good, you swore under your breath but it came out as a sharp hiss.

This was William Turner's face as you began to turn around as he uttered, "Start talking," However at the sight of your arms wrapped firmly around your chest and a nervous smirk on your face, more of fear than anything else.

He lowered his sword and still stared intently at you. The only thing you could do was pray for anything to get you out of this mess. He was going to tell, you knew it. His stern set jaw told you what you were always dreading, your life at sea was going to be cut short.

Then, William Turner surprised you, his mouth upturned into a smile that travelled all the way to his eyes as he said, "I knew it."