23 | henry

------

------

The deal did not go as well as you had planned. In fact, it had the complete opposite affect to what you wanted and the repercussions were severe.

"You cannot be serious?" Henry turned to the captain of the ship trying to suppress his frustration.

"Do I look like I am joking boy?" She replied rubbing her thumb over her sword hilt and smiling at the scene that was unfolding.

"I don't think she is joking Henry." You broke your silence and the crew laughed around you at the irony, if she was joking you wouldn't be about to walk the plank.

You stood almost at the very end and were very thankful this time for the fact it was calm weather.

"You never said anything about walking the plank!" Henry was appalled, the deal he had made with the captain never involved the possibility of you actually dying. Henry had simply done what he was told, the captain wanted you gone. She had never liked you and everybody knew the reason why, because she felt threatened by you.

"I said I wouldn't harm a hair on her little dainty head," She walked up to you and bent down so you were eye level with each other, her face was stern and she swallowed hard, "I'm not the one pushing her, she has to jump."

Unsure of what to do Henry paced around the deck, one second he was heading towards you and then he would clasp his fist in the air and turn in the opposite direction.

You were to be marooned on a small desert island, Henry assumed you were to be dropped off on the sand. He did not bargain on you having to swim around two miles to reach land.

"I can't believe you." You muttered as the captain - once satisfied by her taunting - turned away.

"What did you just say?" She paused in her step and any other time the menacing tone of her voice would have made you stop, but you were done with being her slave.

"I wasn't talking about you Captain. I was talking about Turner here."

At the mention of his name Henrys eyes widened in astonishment, "Me?"

"No the other Turner on board - of course I mean you. You're the reason why I am stabling on this bloody plank of wood." To emphasise your point you jumped up and down slightly and the crew went crazy.

"I didn't force you to get up there actually, that was your own choice." Henry was nervous and when he was nervous he tried to be witty and that just made everything ten times worse.

"Choice! Choice! I did not very well choose to walk the plank!" You half laughed and half scowled at his words, looking in exasperation out to the sea and the island in the distance.

"That's it I have had enough!" The captain had lost her patience and in a split second went up to the plank and jumped on it.

The repercussions were immediate and just as the expression of utter shock could register on your face, you were falling in mid air. You only heard the sound of the wind on your clothes for a second before it was replaced with the ice cold water around you.

You floated back to the surface and saw the figures of the crew and Henry leaning over the edge of the ship. You made eye contact with Turner before doing a half salute to your former ship mates and you began to swim to the island in the middle distance.

--

Henry stood rooted to his spot as he watched you swim away.

"Everybody back to work!" The captain shouted and the crew - with a slightly delayed response - did as they were commanded, with the exception of Henry Turner.

Henry meanwhile, shook off his jacket and stepped up onto the plank.

"Turner, what in Hell's name are you doing!" She shouted at the pirate.

"What I should have done in the first place." Turner walked to the edge and peered over as the captain waited at the other end.

"Henry Turner you are not seriously doing this?" She pleaded with him.

This is how the pirate looked when he stole one last glance at his former captain, "Yes. Yes I am." And he stepped into the air.

The sound of a weight breaking the water surprised you at first but as you heard Turner exclamations of "Bloody Hell it's freezing!" You couldn't help but smile.

--

Both of you crawled onto the beach at almost the same time, exhausted you fell onto the sand letting the waves still engulf you when they came in. Henry came about half a minute later to your left and did the exact same thing.

"Fancy seeing you here Turner." You told him.

"If were going to be stuck on this island together Y/N, then I think you're going to have to start being a bit nice to me." Hundreds of small grains of sand were plastered on his tan skin and framed the smirk on his lips.

"In your dreams Turner, in your dreams."