15 | elizabeth

---

---

The worse things the pirates did was make you spit on your Royal Navy uniform before they threw it overboard. Nothing they could do after that would hurt your honour as much, after that you stopped caring. Not that they stopped trying, they never would.

"Give us a show Officer," They jeered at you when your were tied to the mast in your underclothes, shivering in the cold wind that whipped down the ship, "We can pay you the Kings money if you show us a little. We only want a little Officer, we swear."

They dragged their hands up and down your legs. At first you would fight back but you soon learnt that would only satisfy them, now you only ignored them. A slap was better than hearing their satisfied laughter.

You had never heard of this ship and the pirates in question didn't seem to be the cleverest or even the most cutthroat. Half of you wished that you were taken by the Black Pearl, at least then you would have an interesting story to tell afterwards.

Turns out that you would get a good story after all, as one day all hell broke loose as the crew of another pirate ship boarded. You were delirious at the time from lack of strength, it was all a blur of gunfire and shouting. You don't know who untied you but the rope was gone from around your waist, even if the raw skin would take longer to heal.

You fell onto the floor, you didn't even think about breaking the fall. The taste of blood was on your tongue as you realised you had bit the inside of your mouth. You felt like being sick as the boat swayed in the stormy seas around the Caribbean, but you swallowed it down. This was a chance to escape.

Your delirious mind thought that drowning would be more honourable than any more time being a captive to savages. Looking around, the bloodshed was a blur of bodies and colours of red along with the smell of gunpowder. You staggered under your own weight and resulted to crawling over to the side of the ship.

You heaved yourself up onto the side as a dying man crashed into you. His weight seemed to squeeze the life out of you and you struggled to take in any oxygen to your lungs as the rain started to fall. The spray of salt from the water made you fell sick but motivated you to start to climb over the railing.

You were halfway over when a sudden force pulled you back onto the ship. You clawed at the wood, you didn't want to be back here. You wanted the cold void of the sea below.

"Not so quick Hun." The voice was the first female you had heard in a long time but even that couldn't make you love it.

Elizabeth Swann stood above you with a small pistol clutched in her hand. The rain seemed to be affecting her less than you, only a small drizzle plastering the odd stray hair onto her face. Her face did not give away any of her emotions as you tried to find something you could make sense of. Mainly a reason why she wanted to stop you from going overboard.

Then you saw it, a recollection of a memory. Your face in the crowd of Royal Navy sailors, you had it as well.

"Swann?" You coughed out at her in disbelief. She might have been wearing a white dress but she looked far from the lady of a time gone by. Then again, you didn't look much like a sailor, "What do you want?"

"I want you to take us home."

"What if I don't want to go back?" You asked truthfully.

"Well it's seems like you don't have much choice, I can't bloody well leave you now."