17 | henry

--

--

Dreaming. That is what you spent the majority of your time with Henry doing, dreaming of him or dreaming of a life that could be. It was your favourite past time, you even did it now.

You stood just behind him, his hand stretched back to hold yours as his thumb traced circles on your skin. Both of you looked out to the sea and the blue sky littered with clouds.

This was your view of him; his hair tied back by you the moment you saw him. You remember laughing as you ran your hands through it in front of the mirror. Henry smiled at the sight of your tongue as you concentrated on tying the ribbon perfectly.

The cool sea breeze was welcoming to you as you both expected it. Before leaving inside you had buttoned up his coat enjoying the closeness you could share as your fingers traced his torso. He did the same to your jacket except his fingers fumbled with the clasps and then it was his turn to bite his lips in concentration.

You took a step towards him and tentatively rested your head on his shoulder as his warmth embraced you like a welcoming hug. A sigh escaped your lips as you took in the beauty of the ships on the horizon and the calm sea.

"Did you really mean it?" You asked, surprising him with your out of the blue question.

"Excuse me?" He smiled as he tried to glance down at you but all he could see was your hair and your hand on his chest.

"Did you mean it when you said we could sail out to sea together?"

You had always felt a distant draw towards the unknown beyond the horizon, you couldn't explain but knew that Henry shared it with you. It was one of the many things that kept you together, keeping you both grounded. But this time, something had changed. Henry was tired of being on dry land, he was tired of making promises that couldn't be kept.

"Do you still want to?" He asked, pushing you away slightly so he could turn to face you.

You looked at his beaming eyes, full of youth and passion for the future and you nodded shyly. It was your dream, instead now it was looking like it might actually become reality.

"Then I think I need to find us a ship," He grinned from ear to ear before moving closer to you so he could gently place a kiss on your forehead, "Because we need to be beyond that horizon."

"Are you suggesting we become sailors?" You placed a hand on his arm and trailed your fingers over it comfortingly.

"No," His smile vanishes before he suddenly grabs you by the waist and pulls you as close as possible to himself. He leans down and whispers the wicked words in your ear, "I'm suggesting we become pirates."