ten

-Athena-

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I lied, walking over to Louis and snatching my suit from his hands. "This is my Halloween costume for this year." Lying to Louis about the suit was hard. Lying always came naturally to me, but why was it so difficult with him?

"This is a Halloween costume?" He said, looking at me through narrowed eyes.

"Yes. Why would I lie to you?" I said, before shoving the suit into my dresser and facing him. He loosening up, before shaking his head side to side slowly. "You believe me, don't you?"

"Yeah, I do." He replied, extending his hand out towards me. I looked at it for a moment, before grabbing it. "Let's go, shall we?" He asked, as he led me out the door of my dorm, acting like nothing had happened.

Louis was quick to forget I assume, because he acted like nothing had happened. He didn't question the suit any further and I was grateful.

By the time we were in the taxi, I kept trying to get him to tell me where he was taking me. But he wouldn't budge and it kind of aggravated me. I'm not a very patient person - I'm pretty sure that's been pretty obvious - so all I wanted to do was know more.

The part about the long taxi drive that I enjoyed was that he asked questions about my likes and dislikes, which was a major thing. No one ever really sat down and tried to get to know me. No one cared to even try. And I was used to it.

When we reached the restaurant he was taking me to, I opened my door, only to have Louis yell at me and make me close the door. I smiled, before he walked over and opened my door for me. "The chivalry isn't dead, is it?" I teased, as he chuckled in response.

"I was raised in a family full of girls. You learn quite a lot if you listen closely." He told me, before opening the restaurant door for me. I thanked him softly, as I walked past him.

He was a gentleman compared to Niall. And the fact that I'm comparing the two makes me a bit upset, but Louis was nicer about this whole thing.

"What's your family like?" He asked, once we were seated and had our drinks ordered. I looked down at my lap and twiddled my thumbs. This was the topic I didn't like. I didn't enjoy talking about my family because that meant talking about my dad and I tried to avoid that at all times.

"I'm am only child. My mom lives back in Ohio. I've no clue where my dad is, nor do I really care to know."

"I'm assuming you don't like your dad?" Louis spoke, placing his arms on the table, his elbows hanging off the mahogany top. I nodded, shrugging my shoulders slightly. "How come?"

"He was never around, I guess. He rarely came and saw me when I was growing up, which left my mom alone and working two jobs." I explained, folding my hands on top of the table.

Louis nodded, as if he understood me. He ran a hand through his sleeked back hair, taking a deep breath. "My mum raised my sisters and I all by herself. She worked three jobs in order to provide for us."

"Do you miss home at all?" I asked. "I mean, I only live eight hours away and I miss Ohio like crazy."

"It's hard. I miss my family and the weather. But I wouldn't consider going back home yet." He said, taking a sip of his soda and sighing. "Besides, why would I want to go home when I have you here?" I couldn't help but blush. I tried to stop myself, but it didn't work. I felt heat in my cheeks, which told me I failed myself.

Damn you, Tomlinson.

When our food had a arrived, I knew more about Louis, and I enjoyed it a lot. He asked me questions and I asked him. I didn't realize how much fun it was getting to know a person until then. "God, I don't know the last time I had this much fun." I sighed happily, causing Louis to nod in agreement.