six

-Louis-

"I'm kind of disappointed in you, Louis. You didn't demolish the punching bag like you usually do." Liam said, as he removed the wrap for his hands and tossed it into his bag. I bit my lip, before removing my sweaty tanktop and slipping on a plain white tee. I shrugged, running my fingers through my wet hair slowly.

"I'm just a bit distracted. That's all."

"Is this distraction a female?" He asked, leaning against leaning against the wall beside me. He raised his eyebrows at me, waiting for an answer that he wasn't going to receive. I shrugged, walking out the room and towards the front entrance. "Really? You're going to leave me hanging?"

"I don't think this is something you discuss with your Captain." I replied, causing him to chuckle.

"Then don't think of me like that." He added, resting his elbow on top of my shoulder. I laughed, rolling my eyes at him. Once I agreed to tell him, I followed him to his office, since I wasn't comfortable talking about my life in front of the others yet. "So tell me, Louis: Is she hot?" He asked, as he sat behind his desk.

"That's an understatement." I declared, sitting in the chair near him. "She has wavy brunette hair and big brown eyes. She wears thick rimmed glasses and has a nice smile She's quite fit, too." I told him, before he urged me to continue. I rolled my eyes, before resting my hands on top of his desk. "She's the top student at NYU and a photography major."

"I assume mystery girl has a name, yeah?" He asked, a smile on his face. Why was this man so interested in my life?

"Yeah," I replied, bringing my hands to my chest and folding my arms. "Athena."

"Ah. Named after the Greek goddess of wisdom, handicrafts, and warfare. No wonder she's a nerd." He told me. I laughed, before looking at the picture frame on his desk. I picked it up and examined the photo, which was Liam and a taller man with curly hair beside him. They looked like they were best friends, making me wonder if they were related some how. "That's my boyfriend, Harry."

My mouth dropped instantly. "How did you-"

"You seem to have forgotten that I can read minds." He commented, before telling me to office. Just as I stood up to leave, he threw a folder my way, telling me I had a contract tonight. I nodded, before leaving the office and walking out the door and headed to my apartment.

<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>

11:50 PM

I had ten minutes to escort my contract out of his apartment and to a safe location before Bolt showed up to kill him.

My contract's name was Hunter James. He is eighteen years old and works at a record shop just outside of Chinatown. He's was assigned to Bolt to be killed because he supposedly killed a man himself out of self-defense. But the person who wants him dead thinks it was the complete opposite.

It's not my job to find out if this man was innocent, or not. It was my job to make sure he isn't killed. Because no matter if Hunter James really did purposely kill that man, it was my job to make sure another citizen of New York City wasn't killed and found in the obituary section of the next paper.

I climbed up the fire escape towards my contract's window, hoping that it was open so I could enter. Once I reached my destination, I crawled through the window, landing in the kitchen of the apartment.

It was cold, making my skin crawl with goosebumps. I closed my eyes, trying to think about the mission at hand. My contract had to be in his bedroom, considering how late it had gotten. I stealthily walked towards the hallway, only to find a light on, which made my mission harder to do.

I followed the light, my hands up in defensive gesture. During missions like these, you always have to be on your guard, no matter what obstacle is thrown your way. I slowly approached the door, only to slowly open it, realizing that my contract was sitting at a computer desk. I took a deep breath, before walking closer to the man. "Hunter James?" I asked, causing him to turn around quickly and throw his hands in the air.

"I don't have any money. Take anything-"

"I'm not here to rob you, Mr. James. I'm here to save your life." I told him, lowering my hands slightly. "I'm Thunder. I'm not going to hurt you." I added, slowly inching towards him. He dropped his hands down onto his lap and took a ragged breath. "Someone wants you dead and I'm here to make sure your safe."

"I'm wanted dead?! Are you serious?! I... I have never done anything to anyone." He rambled, his eyes fixated on his floor. I shrugged, walking closer to the man and placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I need you to come with me. I have somewhere to take you where you'll be safe. I promise." I told him, as he nodded his head frantically, standing up from the chair and following behind me closely. Just as we reached the kitchen area, I saw a shadow move in the corner of my eye. I pushed the contract towards a wall, before walking towards the shadow carefully.

"And where do you think you're taking my contract?" A voice asked, causing me to throw my fists up in defense. The voice belonged to a female, which made something click inside my mind. Bolt had arrived, and so had my chance to end her streak. She stepped out of the shadows and placed her hands on her hips.

She was were a black latex suit, a mask covering her eyes and pin straight brunette hair. She was fit and quite honestly the most beautiful person I had ever seen. But I wasn't here to admire her good looks.

I was here to stop her.

"So, you're the man who took my contract." She said slowly, walking towards me in a confident posture. "Aren't you a little young to be doing this sort of thing? Does your mother know that you're out past your bedtime?" She childishly said, laughter in her voice.

"Your days of evil have come to an end, Bolt." I hissed. She looked at me in silence, blinking her eyes rapidly, before breaking out into a fit of laughter. I didn't understand why she was laughing. I didn't say anything amusing.

"You are such a clichè hero." She laughed. "What's your name? Blue Man?"

"No," I mumbled, before lunging towards her, my fist connecting with her jaw, sending her stumbling backwards. "It's Thunder, bitch."

Bolt steadied herself out, before wiping her hand across her face, noticing blood on her hand. I smirked, before the sound of metal appeared. I looked down at Bolt's hands and saw claws sticking out of her skin. The light from the moon hit them just right, causing them to shine bright.

"Alright, Thunder," She mumbled, anger dripping from her voice. "You want to play rough? Then let's play rough."

________________________

school has started. updates will be a little slow.

bolt and thunder met. the fight scene will continue next chapter.

but hey, liam and harry are a thing in this. #lirry

love, logan xxx