epilogue

THE MEDIA ABOVE/ON THE SIDE GIVES IT AWAY SO COMMENT AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT/AS YOU CAN. THIS IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE EPILOGUE I'VE WRITTEN EVER. I KNOW YOU ALL WANTED THIS TO HAPPEN AND SO DID I. THEY ARE MY OTP AND I SHIP THEM HARD.

________________________

-A Year Later-

"This is not working." Athena groaned, crumbling up yet another piece of paper and tossing it beside her. She had waited till the last moment - literally - to write her vows and it was becoming more and more frustrating by the minute. "Jo, can you get me another sheet of paper!" She yelled, hoping her sister could hear her. Athena sighed, looking into the mirror and watching as the stylist curled and pinned up pieces of hair.

"I don't understand why you waited until today to write them." Josie said, walking towards her sister, multiple sheets up lined paper in her hand. Athena took the stack and pressed her pen to the paper. "Why are you even writing them down? You should just go up there and say what's in your heart."

"I don't wanna say anything stupid, Josie. Knowing me, I'll say something irrelevant." She explained, before throwing her pen onto the counter and groaning loudly. "Dammit! I can't even form a sentence!" She crumbled up the pair and threw it beside her, setting the remaining papers on the counter. She pinched the bridge of her nose and took a deep breath.

"A, you're stressing yourself out way too much." Josie said, siting beside her younger sister and grabbing her left hand. "Maybe you just need some fresh air." Athena took a deep breath and nodded, as the stylist let her up from the chair and she walked out the door.

She crossed her arms and walked towards balcony of the wedding venue, her stomach tightening from the nerves. She loved Louis more than anyone could imagine. He kept her sane and she couldn't ask for anyone better. But why was she so nervous to get married?

Athena leaned her arms against the rail of the balcony, looking out onto the ceremony area and watching as the wedding planner and the crew went around finishing the set up. She closed her eyes and took another deep breath, the cool autumn wind hitting her skin and making goosebumps rise.

She wanted to get married to Louis. She couldn't wait to get married to Louis, but all the planning and the last second vows and having to hear that her dad might not make it to the wedding, made her stress out beyond belief. She broke down multiple times in the past few days. But every time she did, Louis was right there to hold her and tell her everything was going to be alright. And she loved that about him.

"Athena?" She heard someone say, as she looked over her shoulder to find her fiancé in the doorway. She faced him completely, her bottom lip trembling and tears threatening to roll down her face. "Come here." He said, walking towards her. She met him half way, wrapping her arms around his torso and taking in the smell of his cologne. "What's wrong?" He whispered to her, rubbing his hands up and down her back.

"I'm just getting really worked up and nervous." She replied.

"Baby," Louis cooed, moving his has up to her face and cupping it, running his thumbs across her cheeks and wiping away the tears. "Just take deep breaths, okay? Everything is going to turn out as you planned it and it's all going to go great. Y'know why?" He added, as she flickered her eyes up and looked his. "Because you've got me, and I'll make sure this day is perfect."

Athena smiled at him, Louis giving a smile back. He kissed her forehead before grabbing her left hand and twirling her in a circle. "I honestly could marry you like this." He tells her, as she giggles.

"In my sweatpants, tank top, and unfinished hair?" He nods, pulling her close to him and kissing her forehead again. "As much as I'd love it, too, both our mothers would kill us."