one

'BOLT STRIKES AGAIN'

The newspapers read, as I stared at the street cart in front of me. I watched as people walked up and bought the paper, some expressions making me snicker to myself.

"Why haven't they caught this criminal yet?" Someone asked, as they gave the vendor money for the paper. The man simply shrugged, as the person walked away, shaking their head in disgust and disappointed.

With one new person dead every single night, the people of New York are scared that they could be the next person six feet under. Only that's not true. I only kill those who are assigned to me. Only those who have a contract on them. People just don't understand that.

I fix my glasses, before taking off down the crowded streets. Despite how amusing I find the lovely people of New York, I had to go to the library. Believe it, or not, but I happen to have a life outside of Team Z.

As I enter the library, I set my books and bag down on the table closer towards the back of the room, before I raided the shelves for more books. With that final exam right around the corner, I've studied day and night, trying to prep myself for worst.

As I examined another set of shelves, I picked up a book on anatomy, looking through it thoroughly. "Figured you'd be here." I heard from behind me, as I screeched in surprise, the book falling to the floor and my hand instantly covering my mouth, causing the librarian to glare at me. I turned around, coming face to face with the familiar blond haired boy, which led me to slap him.

"Dick." I mumbled, bringing my attention back to the shelves. He chuckled quietly, before sitting on the table behind me. I turned to face him, only to find him examining the books I needed to check out. He shook his head in amusement, as I ripped the book from his grasp. "Why are you here?" I snapped, causing the librarian to 'shh' me. I gave her an apologetic look, before facing Niall.

"What? Am I not allowed to see you outside of work?" He says, standing up and leaning one arm against the shelf.

"You only come to me outside of work when you want something, or its work related." I told him, as he grabbed my hand and dragged me away from the shelf and into the corner. He pinned me against the wall - his hands landing on either sides of my face. I looked up at him from behind my glasses, seeing a smirk plastered all over his face. "We're in a library." I stated, as he chuckled softly.

"Public places have never stopped us before." He replies, leaning closer towards me, before his mouth was on mine hungrily. My hands snaked around his neck, as I tugged on his hair, causing him to moan.

I want to say that Niall and I were friends with benefits, but we weren't ready friends. We were more work partners then anything. I really didn't know what to call us actually. But I wasn't one to complain.

Just as everything started to get intense, I broke up the make-out session. He looked at me weirdly, before I patted his face and moved away from his grasp. He groaned, causing me to chuckle, as I fixed my bun, glasses, and straightened my clothes. "You are a tease." He spoke, as I shrugged and picked my books off the table and walked towards the librarian to check them out. "You can't just do that and leave." He complained, as the lady checked out my books and I left, Niall following behind me.

Halfway down the sidewalk, he ran up to me and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look into his eyes. "Tease." He said, his accent dark and rich. All I could do was laugh at how upset he was. "Why do you find this funny?" He asked.

"Your pissed that I left you in the state your in."

"Well, yeah," He replied, humor in his voice. "I mean, wouldn't you be pissed?" I shrugged, before I hugged my books and walked towards my dorm. "Just wait till tonight."