two

I woke up in my dorm the next morning with a throbbing head and an envelope of cash beside my face. I slowly sat up, finding that I was wearing a hoodie I didn't know I owned. I looked at my legs, noticing that I wasn't wearing my latex pants, but a loose pair of black boxers. I stood up from my bed and walked into the bathroom, noticing that my hair was in knots and my red lipstick was smeared a bit. There was really only on explanation for my appearance.

I spent the night will Niall.

It's not that I minded being carried to my dorm by Niall; that's not the case. I just don't want my roommate and other students to find out my secret side.

I looked over my shoulder, seeing that my roommate, Jane, was still asleep, giving me time to bring out the nerd. I took my contacts out, wipped off the red lipstick and other make-up I had on, and jumped into the shower to rid myself of sweat from last night.

Just as I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in my towel, I tiptoed out to my dresser, before someone knocked on the door. I groaned, before crossing the room to look into the peep hole on the door. "What do you want Niall?" I asked softly, as his laugh carried through the door. "I'm serious, Niall. You can't be here in the girls rooming area. I could get in serious trouble."

"I just want to ask you something." He chuckled, as I watched him lean against the door frame.

"Can't it wait till tonight?" I asked impatiently. "I'm kinda in a towel right now."

"Oh really now?" He said, as I watched a smug smile spread throughout his face through the peep hole. I groaned, before unlocking the door and peeping my head outside, trying to hide my body behind the door. "You and I both know I've seen you with less clothes than just a towel on, Athena."

"What do you want, Irish?" I spat, causing him to laugh, a wide smile on his face.

"Well Bolt," He said, causing me to glare at him. "I want to take you out to eat tonight." He told me, as I stood up straight and opened the door a bit more to look at him directly in the eyes.

"Your asking me out on a date?" I questioned, as he nodded in agreement. I looked down at the floor nervously. My little affair with Niall wasn't supposed to end up like this. "Niall, I told you when I started-"

"I know you don't do dates. But I want you to give me a chance." He said. "Just one date. All 'm asking."

Niall was attractive; beautiful blue eyes, bright smile, and the accent. He practically had everything girls in New York fell for. I liked Niall, but not in the sense he thought. "You get one date." I sighed, as he smiled happily. "Only one, Horan. I mean it."

He smiled at me, before running down the hall and out the door swiftly. I rolled my eyes, closing the door and walking back to my dresser to gather up my usual clothing attire: long-sleeve shirt and skinny jeans. Just as I was dressed and done, my roommate was just getting up. I smiled at her sweetly, before gathering my books and leaving my dorm and heading towards my marketing class.

Welcome to my life.

<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>

I felt completely uncomfortable.

Being who I was, it was rare for me to get dolled up and go out on a date. I was never one to wear a dress, or dress up for that matter.

As I stood at the foot of my bed, I examined the options I had: a white and black high-low, or a black fit and flare with lace. I didn't know which to wear and I was already running short on time since I had to take a taxi to Time Square just to get these damn dresses. I groaned, tightening my grip on my towel, before ultimately deciding to wear the high-low, due to the fact that it looked more like something I would wear.