nineteen

-Few Days Later-

I was in my living room trying to figure out how to hang my pictures on the wall when I heard a knock on the door. I set my pictures onto the coffee table, and walked over to the door, not knowing what to really expect.

Since Louis left a couple days ago, I hadn't really been expecting company. I had turned my phone off when he left, knowing that I wanted time to reevaluate my life in peace. I wanted time.

I looked through the peep hole in my door, seeing a girl with auburn hair and vibrant green eyes. I opened the door slowly, feeling a little embarrassed that she was wearing dark denim jeans and dressy shirt, while I was in short shorts and an oversized sweater. "Can I help you?"

She smiled at me, looking at me from head to toe, before crossing her arms over her chest. "Dad did say you were pretty." She said. I looked at her with a confused expression, opening the door a little wider so I could lean against the door frame. She chuckled, her arms falling to her sides. "Don't know who I am?"

"Not a clue, sorry."

"I'm Josie." She stated, before placing her hands on her hips. "Your sister?" She added, causing me run my fingers through my hair slowly, seeing as which I was in shock. "May I come in?"

"Of course, yeah," I said, stepping out of the way and allowing her in. She walked inside, her head turning in multiple directions and examining the apartment. I was embarrassed she had to meet me like this. "Sorry for the mess. I just moved in a few days ago and I'm trying to get everything organized the best I can." I explained, kicking boxes out of the way and leading her into the kitchen.

"It's fine. Mine is actually worse then yours and I've lived in New York for five years." She laughed, pulling up one of the stools and sitting. I looked down at my cast, a smile on my face. "Wow, I'm actually meeting you."

I nodded, an awkward expression on my face, before walking over to my fridge and pulling out to bottles of water. "Water? Sorry I don't have anything other then this in here."

"It's fine, I'm not much of a soda drinker." She smiled, taking the bottle from me. "So, you're the infamous mask crusader, Bolt."

I choked on my water, my heart pounding against my chest. I cleared my throat after I could breathe properly again and stared at her with wide eyes. How did she know? "How did you know?"

"I used to work for Team X. I still have connections, actually." She explained, patting her hand on the seat beside her. I looked at her strangely, before slowly walking towards her and sliding into the chair. "Mom and dad sent me overseas when you were a year old."

"How do I not remember you?"

"I don't know, honestly." She shrugged, tracing the rim of the water bottle slowly. "It wasn't until I was eleven - you would've been about five, or six at the time - that I found out why they had sent me away. Dad wanted us to be able to protect ourselves, and since you had claws, they sent me away to learn martial arts."

"What happened after that?" I asked, becoming completely interested in her story.

"I was seventeen when I got offered a position at Team X. I met some pretty amazing people durning my time there. They became my family in times where I needed support and love. I went all over the world, saved lives, fell in love..." She trailed off, looking down at her necklace. She twirled the oval shaped locket in between her thumb and pointer finger for a moment, before sighing and looking at me.

"But it got too much. I was barely sleeping anymore and I could hardly think straight. So, I left the Team and moved to California for awhile. I moved back to New York five years ago and I've been here since."