eight

-Athena-

"What happened to you?" Niall asked, as I walked into headquarters the next day. I shot him a glare, before heading towards Commander Malik's office. But I was stopped, causing me to groan loudly. "You're not going anywhere till you talk to me."

"I don't want to talk to you. I just want to go back to my dorm and sleep the day away. I'm not in the mood for your Irish charm." I hissed, snatching my arm from Niall's grasp, before walking to the Commander's office. I knocked on the door, before bursting through the door, only to find Commander Malik sitting at his desk, his eyes glued to a file.

"Just who I wanted to see." He said, looking up from the file and looking at me. "You look like rubbish, Miss. Bolton. Care to explain why?"

"Let's see," I began, pretending to ponder over everything that's wrong in my life. "I'm running on twenty minutes of sleep, I lost another contract, I fought this Thunder asshole, and now I'm here because you just had to call me in." I listed, my voice rising every time I named something. "That's why I look like complete rubbish." I mocked, using a fake British accent.

Commander Malik shook his head in amusement, before fixing the collar of his shirt. "Athena, I understand you're quite frustrated. But you must understand that I'm not your therapist. You can't just come in and complain about everything." He explained, folding his hands together and fiddling with the wedding ring on his finger. I huffed, rolling my eyes.

I get called into headquarters regarding Thunder and I get told that I need help with my anger. Who the hell does this dick think he is? My mother?

"You need to learn about how to control this anger you have."

"You're starting to sound like Niall and it's pissing me off. I suggest you stop before this gets ugly." I snapped, standing up from the chair and storming out of the office. I don't know why he insists on making me frustrated. All Commander does is make me feel like a piece of trash and I hate it. It's like nothing I do gets appreciated.

Niall ran up to me, grabbing my wrist and pulled me close to him. "Athena, wait-"

"Irish, if you don't release me, I swear to God, I will castrate you." I snapped, before he removed his hands quickly. "I'm leaving. Take my contracts for the next couple days. I'm stressed out, tired, and on the verge of killing everyone in this building." I explained, before walking out of the building quickly, throwing my middle finger up for everyone to realize I'm pissed.

Maybe this will be good for me. Maybe a small break is what I needed.

<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>·<>

-Louis-

"Athena!" I called to her, as she stopped in her tracks and turned around to face me. She had a bruise on her face and a scratch on her bottom lip, making me curious to what happened. "What happened?" I asked, pointing to the marks on her face. She sighed, running her fingers through her hair slowly.

"Nothing. Just got into some trouble." She mumbled, adjusting the glasses on her face. "What about you?" She asked, pointing at the bruises and cuts on my face.

I got beat up by an insanely fit female last night. You know, the usual. "Shit happens." I shrugged, shoving my hands into my pockets. "I actually wanted to know if you'd like to go grab lunch with me."

"I'd like to, but I'm actually heading back to my dorm. I have today off and I really could go for some sleep." She replied. "But thanks for the offer." She added, walking away from me quickly.

So as I stood there in the courtyard awkwardly, I watched as she walked away. There was something about the way she carried herself that made my heart flip. I don't know what it was about her.