The Mighty Fall

(A/N): So, I warned you. This will not be a pleasurable chapter but I swear to you that it is 100% necessary in order to incorporate some important plot elements. (or to cure boredom).

Regardless, pay attention! I'm not writing this purely for torture.

(HARRY POV)

"And then I said 'swiggity swooty comin' for the booty," I laughed, almost choking on my fries.

Niall spat water across the table and Zayn flinched as the blonde cried and slammed his first against the table.

"Who ever said spitters were quitters obviously never made Niall laugh while drinking water," Louis commented, patting his shirt dry.

Liam snorted rather loudly which caused all of us to laugh harder while he blushed heavily.

"S' not funny," Liam murmured.

"Oh come now Li, you know we mean no harm. Snorting is funny. Besides, you laughed at poor Louis the other day when he farted giving his speech on the second world war," Zayn cried.

"It was a dark day," Louis recalled, throwing a fry at Zayn.

"Yes, the war to end all wars, the gas that threatened to end life as we knew it."

"Shaddup Niall," Louis rolled his eyes and couldn't help but smile a bit.

"I'd throw a fry at you, but you'd just see it as a treat," Louis waved his fry in front of Niall before snatching it away and eating it.

"Tease," Niall huffed.

The bell rang and everyone started to make their way to their next class. I grabbed Louis' hand and waved good bye to the other lads as they darted down another hall and out of sight.

"Was it that bad?" Louis asked.

"What?"

"That fart," he pouted.

"Well, it was kinda loud. And it didn't help that you tried to play it off by coughing which only made it louder," I gave his shoulder a pat.

Louis groaned and hung his head.

"Do you think Mr. McDevitt will remember?"

His eyes were pleading and he pulled on my sleeve, as if my confirmation would erase event permanently.

"I doubt it. He called you Tootie Tomlinson," I snickered.

"Harrrrrry," he whined, "It's not funny. It was devastating. It was literally one of the worst days of my life," he put his free hand over his eyes and sighed.

We walked into the AP History room and sat down. Mr. McDevitt looked up and smiled deviously.

"Ah, look who has graced us with their presence today," he teased, stalking towards Louis.

Louis sunk into his desk and folded his arms over himself.

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home," he chanted, and peered between his arms.

"Damn," he spat bitterly, sitting up straight, "The wicked witch of the west still lives."

"Very cute Tomlinson. However, that will not save you from my unrelenting ways. Please hold the tear gas for a more appropriate time," he poked, walking back over to his desk.

Louis slammed his head against the desk and groaned loudly as the room began to fill. I laughed to myself and watched him moan into the desk like a child who was just put in time out.