It's the End of Prom Night

I'm crying. I really am. I can't believe I'm typing the last chapter for this story. *flicks tears from eyes and rolls up sleeves* So, we have the long awaited prom night! Yay. Also, some questions will be answered by the end of this chapter as well. Like what happened to Charles *gasps* and if Harry will ever top *double gasp* OH LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT A SEQUEL OKAY? GOOD. READ ON MY MINIONS (or onions, if you're dyslexic like me :D) WARNING THIS CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE LONG. Like, really long because it has a smut scene in it too.

(LOUIS POV)

My hands shook as I buttoned my shirt. I felt my heart pounding wildly in my chest and a blush graced my features.

It was prom night.

I grunted as I looked in the mirror, and gave my hair a quick toss. I had on a pair of black skinny jeans accompanied by a white dress shirt and a black bow tie. I fastened my black and white striped suspenders to my pants and pulled them over my shoulders. I adjusted them several times in an attempt to distract myself. I had never been to a prom. I didn't even know they existed outside of cheesy American films honestly, but of course, leave it to this God forsaken school to have one.

I pulled on my white vans and looked for a black beanie. My hair was a disaster and there was no way that I was leaving the house without it contained. I ran down the stairs and peaked my head around the corner. Grandmum was sitting on the couch watching one of her night programs.

"Um, grandmum," I asked.

She looked up and her face softened.

"Aw, Louis dear, let me have a look at you," she cooed, beckoning me closer.

I stepped forward and put my hands behind my back, balancing on my heels.

"Oh, you're quite dashing," she exclaimed, clasping her hands together.

"You've grown so much. You were just a shy little boy who never came out from underneath of his flannels and beanies. But look at you! Look at how much you've changed over these years," she pursed her lips together.

"I haven't changed at all," I mumbled quietly.

"I beg to differ! Come now, can't you see it?"

I looked into the side mirror and looked at my face again.

"I've got some facial hair," I shrugged.

"No, no, not just your face love. Your soul! I've never seen you so light on your feet. Your skin is glowing, your eyes are brighter, and your smile has never been so charming," she spoke fondly.

"That boy is the best thing that has ever happened to you."

I looked away from the mirror.

"I made him promise me that he'd take care of you, and he did. I knew that you'd be able to forgive yourself one day. I knew that you'd finally realize that you're worth more than the tears that you've cried and the blood that you've shed. But never once did I doubt that he would be the one to show you that. That's the only reason why I let him stay. Because I knew that he could make you believe in love again," she wiped a tear from her cheek.

"How could you know any of this so soon?" I asked.

I walked over to the couch and sat down next to her.

"How could you be so sure?" I took her hands in my own.

"Because I knew that you could do the same for him," she answered simply.

I sat back in shock.

"Louis, I've been around for a while now. I know shy boy with a few scrapes good intentions when I see one. I raised a young boy just like that you know," she ruffled my hair.