Can't Shake It

(A/N): Hello new readers! This is another new chapter. It starts off as a flash back, so do not be confused. To my old readers, do not spoil this for the new readers. They do not know who this character is, but the old readers do. I will edit this once I get on a computer that has better editing options. Enjoy!

[Trigger warning: alludes to abusive behaviour and contains anxiety attacks]

(LOUIS POV)

"Let's play a game," he whispered in my ear.

"I don't want to play any games with you," I whispered back, my back turned to him.

"Oh don't be sour," his hands were on my shoulders. They felt heavy.

"C'mon, it'll be fun," he said a little louder, his fingers creating small circles at the base of my neck.

"No."

"Louis-"

"No."

"Why do you always do this?" He pushed my back and I fell forward to my knees. I hung my head and refused to say another word.

"Look at you," he seethed, "Crumpled like a pathetic mess," I could hear him turn on his heel and pace back and forth behind me.

"I give you everything," he said, "Money, love, attention, a place to stay when you need it, Jesus, you'd be nothing without me," his voice faded.

"Isn't that right darling?" He said. I could tell that he was smiling.

"Answer me. Be good now Louis," he was growing impatient.

I felt ripples go down my spine as he walked closer to my body.

"Why do you always choose to be so difficult? You're so frustrating," he stopped just centimeters from my body.

"Up," he commanded.

I remained motionless.

"God damn it up!" He screamed, grabbing me by the base of my shirt and pulling me limply to my feet.

"Look at me," he spat, his voice so dark and low.

I stood with my back to him, just as I did before.

"Jesus Christ," he put his hands on my shoulders and forced me to look at him. His fingers were under my chin and he tilted my head.

"The defiance in your eyes is sickening," he pushed my head back down forcefully.

I stared at my feet and I bit down on my lip to keep it from trembling.

"I swear to god if you start crying I'm going to lose it," he shook his head.

I felt my eyes sting and I blinked them quickly, willing my tears to go away.

"You're like a scared puppy with its tail between its legs," he was smiling again.

I felt a fat, ugly tear roll down my cheek and I quickly moved my head to the side, hoping he didn't see it.

He grabbed the base of my chin roughly and forced my head upwards again. He was breathing heavily and his breath was hot against my face.

He didn't say anything, he just pushed against my chest until my back was slammed up against the wall. My breath caught in my throat.

"Always have to have the last word huh?" He laughed darkly, laying his arm against my chest and pushing his weight against me.

I tried to look away but he grabbed my face again.

"Stop trying to look away from me!" he snapped.

I felt myself tremble underneath of him and I closed my eyes, trying to make everything go away.

"Louis, baby, open your eyes," he said.

"C'mon hun," he cooed, stroking his thumb against my cheek.

I opened my eyes and met cold ones.

"That's a good boy," he said, brushing his lips against my skin carefully.

His hands fell to my sides and he caressed them.

"See? Is this so bad?" He planted kisses on the corners of my mouth and pinned my arms by my hips.

I still didn't speak.

"All you have to do is obey," he said.

"And then I'll be perfect," I whispered, my voice cracked and broken.

He smiled and hugged me.

"Exactly," he whispered into my ear.

I jolted awake and sat up straight so fast that I made myself dizzy.

I quickly peeled the covers away from me and fumbled with the knob of the door.

"Louis?" Harry's groggy voice came from behind me.

I threw open the door and jumped down the stairs.

I could hear shuffling come from behind me and Harry's voice.

"Louis?" He questioned loudly, following my frantic movements.

I opened the door downstairs and walked outside, feeling the wind nip at my bare skin.

I padded out quietly to the front lawn and sat down, staring up at the moon.

"Louis?" Harry asked again, closing the door behind him.

"I'm sorry," I said quietly.

"What?"

"I'm sorry that I'm not perfect. That I'm weird, impossible, not normal," I grabbed at my flannels absent mindedly.

He sat down next to me and his knee bumped mine.

"What are you going on about?" He yawned loudly.

"Nothing," I said to myself, looking down at my crossed ankles.

He's not him, I thought to myself. They're nothing alike, I assured myself.

I felt Harry put his hand under my chin and I yelled, pushing him away and backing away from him.

"Whoa," he said, putting his hands up.

"I said I'm sorry!" I screeched, trying to get to my feet.

"Louis-"

"I'll listen! I'll obey! I swear to God please, I'm sorry, don't hurt me!" I felt tears streaming down my cheeks and I wiped them away violently.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start crying. Jesus I'm such a screw up," I heaved loudly and squeezed my fists closed.

"Louis I-"

"I know! I know!" I waved my hands in front of me, trying to make a barrier.

"I won't do it again. I was stupid, I am stupid. I.. I just..." I felt my body lurch to one side.

He rushed forward.

"No!" I screamed, and he stopped dead in his tracks.

"I can do this!" I put my hands over my ears and bent forward, screaming at the top of my lungs, trying to drown out his voice.

I felt myself buckle and fall to my knees again.

Harry put his hands on my shoulders and my muscles rippled down my spine again.

"I'm sorry. I'll do better next time," I whispered.

Then everything went black.

(So, what happened??? Who in the hell is Louis talking about? Why is he so afraid of him? Dun dun duuuuuun. I suck at plot twists. I hope it's not super obvious and boring. I just wanted to help create a smoother transition for revelations in further chapters. Happy reading!)

Erin.xx