Chapter 23

Off's pov

After many years of not seeing Jane. I then coincidentally meet her again in town. We decided to have coffee and have a little chit chat for awhile.

As she was sipping her coffee.  I couldn't help but look at her. I mean, this girl was my longest relationship. And until now she's still as beautiful as ever. She then caught me staring which I immediately took a sip of my coffee.

Jane: I thought you'd give me a message or call after we separated. Guess, you can't even treat me as a friend.

Off: I'm sorry.... Maybe I was too young back then... Where have you been all this time?

Jane: ah. Actually, I went to my grandfather's hometown and I helped him run the business..

Off: hmm. Then what were you doing in this town?

Jane: we just recently started selling our milk products in some of the convenience stores here. I came with my father's worker in transporting our goods here.

Good that she was doing so well. I can also see that she's happier and now more goal oriented. She used to be so clingy before without any dreams on her own.

Jane: how about you?

Off: I went to get our research. I'm about to graduate soon.

Jane: that's great congratulations.

Our little chit chat turned into longer than I expected. We then went to the park and talked more until we both didn't notice the time.

Off: it's getting late. Where will you go after?

Jane: hmm I'll call our driver now. You can go if you want too.

Off: it's fine. I'll wait with you...

We remained silent for awhile.
Jane: soo.. By chance are you single now?

Off: ah.. No... I have... a lover.. You?

Jane: sigh. Would you believe if I say after we broke up, I havent fallen inlove yet?

How could that be? She's very beautiful, charming and kind. If I wasn't an asshole before, we could still be together now. But why wouldn't she let anyone enter her heart again.

Jane: is it okay if I'll ask for your number? As a friend.. Please?

We exchanged numbers. After that her driver arrived. She then kissed my cheeks and said goodbye..

Damn it Off, I forgot my sole purpose.

When I arrived home after finishing taking a bath. Someone texted me. I saw it was Jane.

She texted me saying she will be visiting the town again next week. I know it sound embarrassing but thinking she's successful in her career now, maybe it's not bad to ask for some help.

I then texted her if she could help me look for a part time job. She immediately reply without asking any reasons. She said that she has a friend who owns a convenience store, and she will recommend me.

It was an advantage though. At least the convenience store is less busy compared to restaurants. But the thing is it will be 24/7.. And I still have to visit Gun every weekends.. Anyway it's okay. I can still handle it all.

My cellphone sounded again for some text. It was from Jane again.

Jane: my friend said bring your resume tomorrow then you can start

Tumcial: thank you so much.

Jane: you owe me a favor Off. You have to treat me a dinner when I visit again by next week.

Oh shoot. I didn't plan on meeting her.. But... I'm not doing anything wrong right? She said as a friend. Okay fine. I'll meet her next week.

Gun's pov
I woke up from my sleep. I couldn't remember my dream but I just woke up and now I couldn't sleep. I was hugging the giraffe stuff toy that P gave me. I already closed my eyes but still I couldn't sleep. I'm getting stressed already. Then I decided to call P.

He was so grumpy in answering it. After all it's already 1am.. He might be so tired also but I couldn't help it. I missed him so much and before we used to call each other every night until we fall asleep.

Off: gun? What's wrong?

Gun: P... I'm sorry for calling you.. It's okay you can go back to sleep. I just want to feel like... you're by my side....

Off: couldn't sleep?

Gun: mm....

Off: Want me to sing you a song?

Without even waiting for my reply he immediately sang. His voice was out of tune and he sounded so sleepy as if I was forcing him to sing. I then started laughing.. He suddenly stopped singing. So I thought he already went back to sleep.

Gun: p? I know I'm too greedy to say this and I know you are soo busy.... But... seeing you for a half a day is not enough for me....  If you can, I'll be glad to see you more... I miss you so badly.. And... I'm actually scared.... I'm scared with the treatments.. The doctor said it's okay but... I don't know why, I'm getting weaker everyday... If I can see you.. Maybe I'll get stronger.... Please...  Please let me see you more P...

I heard no response. I guess he was already sleeping as I heard him snore. But I was contented that he answered my call.

The next morning. As I was conditioning myself for another session of chemotherapy. I then heard my mom talking  with someone and I also heard a male voice. The voice was so deep and familiar. I then realized who it was. It made my heartbeat so fast and I don't know how but that moment I find it really hard to breathe.

Then I saw my father after not seeing him for so many years. He looked at me and I did the same but I felt... I felt pain and sense of longing instead of anger.

Gun's dad: I'm sorry my son. I'm late..

He gently touched my head and gave me kiss on the forehead.
Then I returned back to reality. I pushed my father so hard.

Gun: what are you doing here? I thought you said that you have no business with me and my mom anymore..

Gun's dad: I'm sorry i was wrong.  I shouldn't have said those. It must have hurt you. I didn't know... I didn't know it would be this serious....

Bullshit. He was crying infront of me. I don't know how it changed his mind and came looking for me. But I saw my mom and she was teary eyed..

Gun's dad: listen Gun. I'll bring you to States with me. Let's continue the treatment there. The doctors are more good and we can assure your recovery. Come with me to the States okay?

TBC