Chapter 16

Off's pov

Ahh damn it. Why do I have to deal with this family matter again. I mean my dad was just obviously faking it. He always use the same trick every summer vacation so that he can convince me to go home.. Well it's not that I hate my entire family. I love my stepmom and my stepsister, they're the ones taking care of me. I just hate my dad that's why I don't want to go back. What happened many years ago is still fresh to me. And Im not just a simple minded person who will easily forget things especially pain and hatred.

But I forgot that Gun is a kindhearted person. And now he's mad just because I didn't agree to visit my family.

I looked at him. I somehow regretted my behavior as he was looking so sad. He put his stuffs back to his bag. Is he really serious of leaving me here on this trip? Ahhgg damn it off.

I rushed to where he is and kneeled in front of him while he was sitting on the bed. and I  held his hand.

Off: I'm sorry.

Gun: I think you're saying sorry to the wrong person P. You should say sorry to your parents. Especially your mom. She's been calling you many times today.

Off: I annoyed you right? I make you mad. I'm still sorry. I'm sorry for kissing you like that.

Then he looked into my eyes. And slowly touched my head and afterwards he messed my hair. That's when I know that he already forgave me.

Gun: visit them tomorrow. It's okay I can ride a bus going home.

Off: no! You'll come with me. I'll introduce you to my stepmom and sister. They're also kind like you.

I kissed his hand and at last, he showed his smile now.

As we were lying on the bed, I then told Gun my past life and why I came to hate my father so much. I told him about how my father used to beat my stepmom, and all things I could remember. And Gun was listening attentively without showing any signs of boredom or being judgemental.

Then after that Gun told me about his father too. How his father left him for another family.

I realized that we both have almost the same situation. We both have a bad father. The only difference is that gun still loves his father. I can see the sadness in his eyes everytime he mentions that his dad no longer cares for him. It's such a shame though, how we are both deprived of a father's love.

The following day, me and Gun were on our way to my old hometown. As we arrived, I could see that the place still remained the same since I left. I've been away from my house for 4 years and I didn't even plan to come back.

I saw my stepmom talking with someone and so me and gun approached her. She was shocked to see me, well of course since I didn't bother to text her that I'll be coming. She hugged me and I knew she was having teary eyes.

Off's stepmom: you should have informed me that you're coming today. Anyway, I'll prepare a nice meal and bath for you.

Then she looked at Gun.

Off's stepmom: who's this? What a cute young boy you are.

Off: this is Gun. Gun this is my stepmom.

Off's stepmom: hello Gun. I'm so glad jumpol brought a friend here.. Come2 make yourself at home.

When we went inside the house, almost everything has changed though. The furnitures, the wall paint. Its all to my stepmom's liking. I'm glad she now has a hold on this place.

Off's stepmom: your father is in our room. Please meet him after. I'll prepare the guest room for Gun.

Off: ah it's fine. Gun will stay in my room.

I then grabbed gun's hand as he waid to my mother. We went to my room after. After putting our things out from the bag, I could see the excitement Gun has on his face.

Off: what are you thinking now?

Gun: hehe I'm just happy that I'm able to witness these. This is where the POff spend his childhood days.

Off: I'll show you the places where I played with my friends. There's also a beach nearby. Wanna go?

Gun: really? Okay. let's go later P.

I love seeing his smile. I just do hope you'll enjoy your trip with me here in my hometown. But what bothers me now is how I wanted to kiss those lips again. Its amazing how I get addicted this much after tasting your lips. Now I want more of it.

I slowly approach him. He looked at me into the eyes. Then I held his chin up. Our face started to decrease its distance. Then someone knocked the door.

If I have the chance, I don't want to open it but Gun insisted me to open the door. Damn it.

I opened the door and saw a little creature who ran immediately inside my room. And P Am came afterward.

Am: you looked shock. There's your niece, Nirin, you dimwit.

Ahh yeah I forgot. P Am gave birth last year with her long time boyfriend as the father. She told me about it and even sent me a picture of baby Nirin.

Off: Nirin. Come here. I'm your uncle.. Come2

But this little creature looked scared to see my face. She hid behind her mother after.
However, I laughed when I saw gun's face. He looked at Nirin with such bright eyes..

Off: wanna hold her bii?

Gun: can I?

Then P Am asked Nirin to go to gun in which Nirin complied. And gun carried her afterwards. Wow, I never seen such a beautiful view. My beautiful baby holding my baby niece.

Am: jumpol, go meet your father now. I already told him youre here.

She gave me a pat on the back. Then I left my room afterwards. I then walked to my parents room. When I opened the door. I saw him looking at the window and he was sitting on the wheelchair. He faced me after and gave me a smile.

Off's dad: hello son.

Off: you're faking it right? Youre faking that your sick so that I'll visit you.

Off's dad: I did before. But now, I really am.

Off: how come? You were so healthy. You're healthier than me. Youll live longer and I can assure that.

Off's dad: I'm so glad you still came. Will you stay for a week?

Off: no I'm only staying for 3 days. I'm with someone.

Off's dad: oh a girlfriend? Good gracious. I always wanted to have a grandchild from you.

Off: you have a grandchild now, at least treat Nirin right. I don't want that child grow up in fear and hatred.

He looked at me with sad eyes. But that won't work on me. Even if you are on the wheelchair right now and feeling helpless as what my stepmom says, in my eyes, youre still the same bastard dad you are.

If my stepmom and sister decided to forget everything you did, too bad that I wont do the same. I will never forgive you.