Chapter 35 - We Found Love

"It's the way I'm feeling, I just can't deny."

Song: We found love
Artist: Rihanna ft Calvin Harris

Hi all! How is everyone doing with the coronavirus? What's happening in your city at the moment regarding the virus? At this stage, I'm in lockdown and self-isolation. Hope everyone is staying home and being safe!

Harry's POV

Giving Janelle that promise ring was the best decision I could have made. I truly love her with my whole heart and I couldn't think of anything better to show my love to her in the form of a ring.

I never thought I would consider marriage again, I never thought I would even consider dating in the first place, but Janelle showed me the light I was missing in this dark world. She was my light.

I'm waiting for Janelle in front of her apartment building, just like I do most mornings. I know she's living in a neighbourhood that's not that safe, but I'm struggling to get her to move in with me. Every time I bring it up, she almost immediately shuts down the idea. I have no idea why she doesn't want to, but I'm not going to push her. I told her that the offer is standing and she could take it whenever she felt like she's ready to take that step.

"Sorry, I'm late." I get snapped out of my thoughts by my car door opening and Janelle's angelic voice.

"No problem, love," I say smiling, leaning over and kiss her. Since our magical night, things were so good between us. I don't think it can get better than this.

Usually, on our way to the office, I drop Janelle off a few blocks away from the office. Just so no one would expect anything, but not today. Going past our usual drop off point, Janelle looks back at me confused.

"Um, Harry? You pass the point." She asks confused, looking back to make sure it was the right spot. I look over at her for a second and smile. It's time the world know she's my girl.

Not saying anything, I continue the way to the office. Janelle was still confused as I parked the car in my usual spot, getting out and walking over to her side.

"You better smile, baby," I say smugly, helping her out of the car and taking her hand in mine. I could feel her palms were sweaty and her breathing came out shallow. She knew what I was doing. But I knew she loved every minute of it. We are going public.

Giving her hand one last squeeze, we both take a deep breath and walk through the doors of Styles Inc. Tony, the doorman, greets us both with an unsure smile. I knew this was the looks we were going to get. Looking over at Janelle, I couldn't help the smile that formed on my lips. She is so beautiful, and she's all mine.

We walk past all the employees downstairs, all of them looking at us with confused or surprised expressions. Even the blond bimbo at reception gave me an angry look. I knew she had a thing for me, always trying to flirt or seduce me.

Getting in the elevators, the doors closing in front of us, Janelle blows out a big breath. "That was the most nerve-wracking thing I have ever done." For the first time, since I told (or maybe showed) her my plan, she looks over at me with those big eyes that I love so much. "What made you do this?"

"I want the world to know you're mine, baby. I don't want to hide us anymore. I want to go out on proper dates with you, where I can hold your hand and kiss you whenever I want. I just want us to be in a normal relationship, Janelle." She looks at me with eyes of adoration, and then leans in and kisses me. I love her so much.

"Let's do this, baby."

When the elevator dinged, signalling we were on our floor, I took her hand back in mine and walked out. Just as downstairs, all the employees stared at us, except Claire. She looked at us with a big smile.