Chapter 28 - Rise Up

"When the silence isn't quiet, and it feels like it's getting hard to breath. And I know you feel like dying but I promise we'll take the world to its feet."

Song: Rise up
Artist: Andra Day

Much to my surprise, Harry invited both me and Haley out for dinner tonight. After my quick lunch with Alexa, we returned back to the office much to my dismay. But what surprised me the most was when we were in the elevator on our way to the car Harry actually asked if I would like to attend a dinner with him and Haley. I thought he was going to work like every other night.

I'm busy getting ready for our night out. I want to give him the satisfaction of actually doing this but I can't help the little voice at the back of my head telling me he's going to cancel the plans.

Pushing my thoughts to the side, I finish my makeup. As I know Harry, it will be at someplace fancy so I decided on a plain black dress that is cut out by the shoulders and come crisscross over my chest. I pair it with black mesh type of heels and leave my hair in just waves but pin some out of my face. Red lipstick just to finish the look off.

"Mommy?" I hear Haley's little voice through the bathroom door

"Mommy?" I hear Haley's little voice through the bathroom door. I walk to open it for her and are surprised at how cute she looks. She is dressed in a cute little floral dress with white pump shoes to finish it off. "Will you please do my hair?"

I nod picking her up and put her on the toilet seat.

"What do you want, beautiful?" I ask starting to play with her blonde curls.

"Like yours!" She says excitedly. I start on brushing her hair out and then pinning her hair back with bobby pins.

"Do you like it?" I ask the little girl showing her hair for her in the mirror.

"Yes! Come on, daddy is waiting." She quickly gives me a hug as a thank you then skip out the door to her father I assume. Since Harry told her he's going to take us out for dinner she couldn't stop smiling. She really missed her dad.

Gathering the last of my things I make my way out the door and to the lounge of the hotel where I hear voices. Coming around the corner I'm met with Harry dressed in a black suit and little Haley on his hip smiling at something he said.

"Wow." He says. "Look how beautiful mommy looks," Harry mutters to Haley with his eyes on me. I couldn't help to blush at his words.

On our way to the restaurant, Alexa's words keep running in my mind.

"You have to tell him."