Chapter 8 - Sparks fly

"Get me with those green eyes, baby as the lights go down. Gimme something that will haunt me whenever you're not around."

Song: Sparks fly
Artist: Taylor Swift

"So, you're telling me that Harry asked you to be his date and you decided to tell me on the night of the ball?" I look at Claire with a guilty look.

Okay, so yeah. I didn't tell her until tonight. But to be fair, I couldn't make up my mind. I mean, I want to go with Harry but on the other hand, I'm just scared he is asking me just because he feels sorry. I don't want sorry, I want honesty.

"Um.. yeah. Sort off." I shrug my shoulders looking down at my feet. I was on my way home, done for the day but of course, Claire had to stop me to ask if I'm going tonight. The thing about Harry asking me to be his date sort off slipped out.

"Sort off." Claire scoff rolling her eyes at me. Sometimes I wonder if she is a twenty-something grown woman or a toddler.

Just as I'm about to reply, a door from down the hall opens and closes with a loud thud. Footsteps are heard coming down the hall before the beautiful man himself came in view.

Harry looks up from his cellphone in his hand and immediately connects his eyes with my own. I know it's crazy and a little bit weird but I'm sure my heart skipped a beat when those emerald eyes locked with my own eyes.

"Ladies." Harry clears his throat walking over to where we are standing in front of Claire's front desk. I can feel my pulse quicken the closer he gets.

"Claire, you got the dress I ordered for Haley tonight?" He asks looking at Claire. Wait, I'm a little confused. Isn't that suppose to be the personal assistant's job, AKA me?

"Yes, Harry. It's at home waiting for you. I'll go with you to dress the little princess." Harry nods then look over at me making my heart rate quicken again.

"I hope to see you tonight, miss Wilson." He says looking deeply into my eyes with a faint smirk on his face. He then looks down at my lips before back up to my eyes and then walking past me to the elevator. I let go of a breath I didn't even know I kept in.

Well, looks like I'll be going tonight.

_______________

"I know Alexa, I know. But you have to see the guy. I can't say no to that face." Alex has been pestering me for half an hour now about me being Harry's date tonight. Telling me that he is my boss and that I can't date my boss. I'm not dating him, I'm just going to be his date for this ball...

okay, yeah. It doesn't sound that good but it's not that bad, right?

"Do you, Janelle? How is it going to look you being your boss's date?" I don't know what her problem is. She doesn't even know the guy but she is going off at me as if it's the school's fuck boy wanting to fuck with me. I'm a big girl, I can look after myself.

"You know, you are going on as if you have a crush on the guy. What is your problem? Can't you be happy for me? This is something good Alexa. Something good in such a long time." I try to reason. She is my best friend. Yeah, I met her at school when I moved to New York before she followed her husband to California but I still trust her with my life.

"I know Jane, that's why I want you to be safe and happy. Everything I heard about this guy is bad news." She goes on. What has gotten into her?

"You know Alexa, you are always the one that says 'Don't judge a book by its cover' but now you are doing just that." And then I hang up on her. She is not going to spoil my night being her jealous self. She has a husband why can't she just be happy for me?