chapter 11

can i just take this moment to say that i am so grateful i've never really been appreciated for my writing i've actually never really been appreciated for anything lmao that's why this is a big deal to me and why i'm so doubtful of myself ha ha

ps there are sO MANY OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS WHO HAVE NOTICED THIS LIKE RAINYDAYLUKE AND VVINTERFELL AND THEONLYREASONS AND ULTRALUKES AND NERDYIRWIN AND MUCH MORE I STILL FREAK OUT THANK YOU I LOVE YOU IM SORRY IM SO CREEPY AND SO WEIRD

anyway srry i talk(type?) too much, on with the story !!

d e v o n n e
m a i s y

Dev had been thinking. A lot. About Jonas, about Kate and Reneé, about Luke.

Luke Hemmings.

He was this tall blonde dork that came out from a freaking iPad. He was Luke, not some cyborg robot. His favorite ice cream flavor was chocolate chip ice cream, and he once mistakened her bra for a hat. He had broad shoulders and eyes brighter than the sky on a hot summer day. His voice was husky and so nice to listen to, and his mouth tasted like a mixture of strawberry mint and some type of drug she was addicted to.

Was it possible to like someone who was maybe, possibly, not human? But then again, he did seem human. After what happened yesterday, Dev was sure that Luke wasn't a robot. She may not be sure if he was human or not, but she knew that he was not a cyborg or a robot.

"Damn it," Dev ruffled her hair and covered her face into her hands, shielding her sight from the shiny, round moon and the dark night sky.

Perched on top of her roof where she laid a soft, thick blanket to sit on, she spent hours and hours just thinking. She always thought. She has thought more now than she has ever before when Luke didn't exist. He was absolutely ruining her life, but at the same time, making it better in some way.

As she kept her gaze fixated on the bright and white moon and the night sky, she took in the beauty of the constant, never-changing scenery. It was nice to know that not everything in her life had changed.

Dev loved the sky during night time. She loved that it didn't change, it was the same every night. There was the moon, and the stars, and the dark. There wasn't a time where the sun magically appeared at night.

Lately, her life had changed drastically. For the better or for the worst, Dev didn't know, all that she know was that it had been hectic and everything felt different. Everything felt so foreign.

Suddenly recalling the events the day before, she smiled a bit, her hand automatically touching her lips.

The taste of his lips still hadn't left her mind. It was devouring her slowly, eating her up and polluting her entire mind and thoughts. She'd never been kissed like that before, and she didn't know that she'd be this affected.

Amidst the thinking, she thought about her parents. It was rare, because Dev never gave a shit about her parents. Not even a damn. They never bothered to call, or text, or write letters. They were as dead as they were gone to her.

"Hey beautiful," A voice called out from behind her, making her jump and hitch her breath.

Noticing who it was, she calmed down, "God, Luke, you scared me. I almost gave birth,"

Luke laughed out loud, clutching his stomach as he sat beside her. His laugh was adorable, something Dev never wanted to stop listening to. His nose moved when he laughed, his mouth wide open and his eyes were shut tight.