twenty three | edited

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

You had got up early in the morning. It was an early four in the morning and you wanted to do something. Something that was worth your time so you decide to go to a flower garden.

Now that you remembered, your family home had a large garden. You make your way towards the location with the memories coming along to curse you.

You never liked the place where you lived. It was too quiet and isolated away from all other life. That was what your parents wanted as you grew up. It wasn't the best thing in your childhood.

You stood in front of the gateway. The house was being maintained by the maids. Even after you moved and your parents wanted you to take over the place.

Your father had died around the time you were transitioning into becoming a teacher at the school. Your mom knew about him dying soon and was not as affected as you. You were crying for days when he had died.

He was a good parent. He always was there to teach you in the ways of life. He always gave the best advice that helped with your way of thinking. That was him, the person who taught you about everything in life.

You slowly opened the gate as you gently close it. You were being kind as to not slam the door since it was still early in the morning. You were slowly letting your legs take you down the pathway.

Your hands grazed the flowers at the entrance. They were all different kinds of flowers. Your father was the one that loved the flowers the most. He was the one that helped take care of them alongside the maids.

You quietly sing a small tune as you made your way up towards the main minka. You slid your shoes off and slide on slippers presented at the top of the stairs. You took your first steps up and down the hall.

You were going to the very back where the prettiest part of the house was. Your footsteps were heard as you passed through multiple room. You weren't being loud, but you weren't being quiet either.

Your slippers helped mask the loud thumping a bit. The only noises there alongside the wildlife. The grasshoppers that wandered everywhere. The soft night breeze brushed your ears.

You stop when the pond comes in view. The koi fish are swimming slowly through the water as you bend your knees to run your hand in the cold water. A soft smile on your face.

You were in the back part of the houses. This was technically the backyard. You had loved being outdoors as a kid. Whenever you weren't tired that is.

You always went home exhausted and slept before doing your homework. Those naps hit the best for your life. It was memorable since it was the only part that kept your childhood fun.

You get up and pat your wet hand on your clothes. You let your feet continue to follow the wooden path towards the flowers that shone into the slowly disappearing moonlight.

As you touched the Catchflies, you hear approaching footsteps behind you. You didn't bother to turn around to face the person who was coming to interrupt your little visit.

It was most likely your mother too. She still stayed at the house even after she told you that it reminded her of your father way too much. It wasn't like she needed to leave anyways.

"Well good morning. How come you had not called to say that you would visit?" the tired voice called out from behind you.

"I live here too. I don't need to call you all the time to let you know that I'll be visiting," you answer not glancing away from the beautiful flowers in front of you.

She made her way towards your bent position. You were glossing your hands over the flowers and admiring the plants that you father had left before he passed away.

Your father's favorite plants were the Scorpion Grasses. They were the "forget-me-not" flowers. It was a flower that symbolized true love, memories, and more.

It was all positive. He told you to always look after them carefully. You had followed as told ever since he left. Though, you made sure that the maids would do the same when you had left to live at the school.

Your mother started to pace around you. Her footsteps becoming one of the background noises as you ignored her presence. You cleared your mind as your breathing slowed down a bit more.

"So how is Satoru?" she asked while you stared at the light blue petals.

Satoru. You had not thought about him when you came here. You hated hearing about him when you had finally lost him from your mind. And just his name brought back memories of sorrow.

"He's good...we're still working well together," you muttered as she hummed in response.

She knew there was something up if you randomly came over. You weren't one to go back to the house. You liked where you lived so you found no use in going to live at the minkas.

"You sure? I'm sure I'll be able to hear what you're going through," she asked for reassurance.

No, you weren't sure. Your breathing rapidly increased as you got up from your bent position. You straightened your back and turned your saddened eyes towards your mom.

You wrapped your arms around her body and let yourself become warm with her heat. She wrapped her own arms around yours as you tried your best not to cry out in front of her.

You squeeze your eyes shut as she rubs your back in a comforting manner. She was still the same mother your grew to love. She was always caring and made sure to be there at your lowest.

"I'm sorry," you whimper as you tightened your grip around her.

"It's okay to cry my darling. That's what makes us human."

And that early morning, you explained to your mother what issues you were going through. She made sure to be mindful with her words and listened to every emotion that dripped from your lips.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜
jessi speaks !
don't forget to vote! and don't be a silent reader!
i love reading comments.

ahhh! so i wrote the ending and
the epilogue already. i'm trying
to update as fast as i can so i can
publish those chapters. i'm so
excited to share them. i have also
edited them in advance. cannot
wait for the end! 🥰

question of the day:
would you rather be loved or feared
by everyone?

my response:
feared. i don't want to talk to anyone.
jk, loved because i'll be a memory to
everyone when i die. it's memorable to
me too.

 it's memorable tome too