Chapter 20: The King Of Chaos's Resolve

I Do Not Own Nanatsu No Taizai/Seven Deadly Sins all rights go to Nakaba Suzuki.

A Few Seconds Later In Liones*

Morgana's POV*

We all appeared back in Liones and in the middle of our celebration.

Everyone said, "The Seven Deadly Sins are back!".

Gowther said, "Only we are here.".

Diane looked around and asked, "What about Merlin and Arthur?!".

Ban said, "They stayed behind.".

Diane turned to Ban and asked, "But why?!".

King said, "Well, after what happened, it'd be probably awkward if they had come with us.".

Elizabeth said, "Morgana, what are we going to do? Merlin might still be distraught.".

I smirked and said, "Don't worry. She's probably smiling and laughing as we speak.".

King said, "Captain, we wouldn't blame you if you were mad.".

Ban said, "That's a little much, don't you think? It's not like you.".

A Few Minutes Later*

Over In The Obscured Kingdom*

Merlin's POV*

I started laughing at the marvelous sight created by Arthur.

I said, "I must say, it's splendid! So this is what a fragment of Chaos looks like!".

I looked at Excalibur intrigued and fascinated with it and said, "And as for this amorphous holy sword. Is this its original form? Or are these signs that it still has plenty of room to change? Or is it Arthur's magic is not fully formed yet. In that case, this is the most intriguing.".

I giggled a little and stopped when I heard Arthur say, "I haven't seen you make that face in a long time. That's the Merlin, I've always known.".

I turned to him smiling and I asked, "Are you criticizing me for being able to smile even when split from my team?".

Arthur sat up clutching his arm and said, "No, that's so like you.".

I said, "Don't push yourself so, Arthur!".

Arthur asked, "By the way, where are we?".

I said, "In one of the castle complexes created by your subconscious. Though the interiors are barely anything.".

Arthur smiled and said, "Ouch... Hey, Merlin.".

I said, "Yes?".

Arthur asked, "Why did you never tell The Seven Deadly Sins about Chaos? Why was it only now that you chose to tell them?".

I smirked and said, "Do you hate me for what I've done, Arthur? Resurrecting you as the King of Chaos for my own questioning mind and ambitions.".

Arthur asked, "Uh, why would I hate you?".

I gave him a questionable look.

Arthur smiled brightly and said, "I mean, sure. Chaos is a darkness that even demons fear and light that even goddesses worship. It's a mighty will and a being that wrought this world, we humans, and even the gods themselves. So as long as the person wielding it has a good heart, he can create a wonderful world. You guided me because you believed I could be the kind of king capable of that!".

I said, "I swear you're something else.".

Back In Liones*

Morgana's POV*