Chapter 16: The Next Demon King

I Do Not Own Nanatsu No Taizai/Seven Deadly Sins all rights go to Nakaba Suzuki.

A Few Minutes Later In Camelot*

Zeldris's POV*

I and Cusack were both waiting in the throne room for the inevitable return of Morgana and Chandler.

The doors slammed open and all of the disposable Demons fled from our sight.

I felt a small cold shiver go down my spine as she said, "...Well hello, Zeldris.".

I put on a brave face and said, "So the greatest of all traitors just walks into the enemy base... you've got some nerve on you, little sister.".

Cusack said, "Not only that, she's brought that filthy Goddess back along with her...! How this managed to happen while the Pacifier Demon was with them can only be explained by complete and utter incompetence.".

Chandler went on a rant saying "I was opposed to this, you know!! I tried to stop it!! In fact, the first thing I tried to do was massacre that woman as fast as I could!!".

Morgana said, "Enough Chandler!!".

Chandler calmed down and said, "S... Sorry...".

Morgana said, "My business here is simple. I've come here to become The Demon King.".

I angrily said, "I'm the one that's going to be The Demon King.".

Estarossa entered the room and asking "...And why am I the only one that's being left out here? We each other's siblings in the entire world, aren't we? To tell the truth, I don't give a damn about the throne of The Demon King, but if you're fighting over it, then I want in...".

Morgana asked, "Estarossa... so you're alive?".

Estarossa said, "Yup... and I thank you for that harrowing experience. You're looking well, too sister-".

Estarossa stopped what he was saying when he saw Elizabeth.

Estarossa confusedly asked, "Are you... Elizabeth?!".

Elizabeth asked, "H... how do you know my name? This is the first time that I've ever met you...".

Estarossa said, "...Who knows? I don't really understand it myself. Forget it, I changed my mind. I'm gonna pass on this whole game of fight for The Demon King's throne... but in exchange... give Elizabeth to me.".

Morgana said, "After all this time, I didn't come to fight amongst siblings... so let me make two things perfectly clear. The one that's going to become Demon King is me. And second, I'm not handing Elizabeth over to anyone.".

Estarossa and I charged towards Morgana with the intent on killing her.

Estarossa said, "Cowards don't get to covet...!".

I said, "After all this time, I won't allow you of all people to get in the way of my ambitions!".

Morgana pushed us both down to the ground with her Darkness.

Cusack charged forward saying "Master Zeldris!!" but was stabbed through the chest by Morgana's Darkness.

Morgana said, "This is a matter between us siblings. stay out of it.".

Cusack said, "Curse... you...!!".

I thought "Impossible...!! Even with The Demon King's power, I can't move my body in the slightest?! Then it's as father said,... Morgana truly has...".

Estarossa started to get up and he said, "...How interesting, Morgana. Compared to the last time we fought and all the times prior, you're almost like a completely different person...".