3 Years Later! ♥

I haven't written for this book in so long that I have forgotten how I did this with the ending of each chapter title.

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~

Ouch

I groaned as I removed my foot to see that I stepped on a small Spider-Man action figure.

"KENDALL!" I called. Soon I heard little footsteps coming down the steps.

"Yeah mom?" His little voice said. I looked down at the action figure at my feet. He must have followed my gaze because he quickly picked it up. "Sorry." He said and ran back to the stairs.

"Hey hurry up and get your shoes. We have to walk Sissy before we go meet up with Grandma Schmidt and Grandma Boots." I called. I went to the bedroom and quickly put on my Vans. I lightly touched the picture on the dresser, smiling lightly. The picture was of Kendall two weeks before he was taken from me. I surprised him with a trip to a music festival. We had so much fun and he couldn't stop smiling the whole time. It's been more then three years since Kendall was kidnapped. The police gave up after a year of searching and he was pronounced dead and his case became a cold case, but I know he is still alive.

"Mom!" Kendall called. I looked at the picture one last time before leaving the bedroom. I grabbed Sissy's leash as I went.

We left the house and started to walk.

"Mom." He said after we've been walking for a bit. "Why does everyone call Little K?"

"Well, when I had you I decided to name you after your dad so your name is Kendall Francis Schmidt Jr." I said.

"And then he left us?" He asked.

"No, he was... Well its complicated." I said.

"I heard Uncle Kev say that he was kidnapped... What does that mean?" He asked. I sighed. For being only three, he is pretty smart.

"It means your dad didn't leave us because he wanted to, he left because someone made him." I said.

"Who would do that?" He asked as we reached the Schmidt house.

"I don't know, but I promise we will get him back." I said. We went inside and I let Sissy go. "Mama Schmidt!" I called.

"Kitchen!" She called. We walked through the house. Mama Schmidt was facing the fridge with a cup in her hand and Grandma Boots was at the table. Both were quiet. I walked over to Mama Schmidt and looked at what she was looking at. It was a calender with pictures of Kendall around it.

November 2, 2018.

"Happy birthday baby."