•20•

A/N hey guys here another chapter for you. IMPORTANT I have edited the previous chapter so it will affect this one. To understand this chapter you have to read edit. Its not very long but does change things.
SPECIAL THANKS TO Thomas-Marie-Amell

                               Earth Prime 

Kara's POV 

Whoa that was so disorientating. The swirling blue lights reminded me so much of the phantom zone. I really prefer traveling Earths by the speed force. My ears are still ringing like church bells. My boots are black and charred. My hair is plastered to my face with sweat. Thank goodness I instructed the nanobots to keep in my cape, one less thing to clean. I look around and see the familiar cortex. My ears hurt so much, I reach to touch then when I look at my fingers they have a scarlet red liquid on them. Blood. 

"Is that-" Cisco starts off. 

"Kara?"Caitlin finishes, cutting off the mechanical engineer.  

I see them rushing towards me. I raise my hand in a wave but before I could ask for Barry, everything starts to turn like when you spin insanely fast on a roller chair. The next thing I know I see the ground coming to my face fast. But I feel two hands catch me. But they aren't Barry's. 

Caitlin's POV 

Cisco and I were eating our big belly burger in the lounge when the alarms went off indicating that there was a breach in our cortex. We called Barry and he said he would take some time.

When we saw Kara, she had bags under her eye's her suit burnt and blood dripping from her ears and she was so pale and thin. I saw her sway on her feet. Cisco ran and caught her just before she hit the ground. My brain finally clicked. 

"Cisco, carry her to the med bay!" I ran ahead to wash my hands and prepare the medical stuff while Cisco hooked her up to the machines. 

"Caitlin there's no pulse! I'm reading about multiple organ failure!" Cisco shouts. I quickly get the defibrillator that was altered specifically for Kara's Kryptonian physic. They were so focused on saving Kara neither of them noticed the flash of orange lightning flash by until they heard. 

"Cait? Cisco? Where are you? What happened with the breach?" Barry shouts his voice echoing in the empty cortex. Cisco and Caitlin looked up at each other. 

"Shit…" They said in perfect unison. Barry started to walk towards the medical room because the lights were on and he saw Cisco and Caitlin's hair. 

Barry's POV 

As I walked in the room my heart stopped beating my shock state tossed me into flashtime. Kara? My poor sweet angel… I couldn't handle seeing her like this. Her beautiful skin was now pale and clung to her bones, her beautiful comets, her eyes, were dragged down by bags and were tired and sunken below their lids. I snapped myself out of my stupor and helped Caitlin and Cisco. She had found some unknown substance in her bloodstream and it was causing organ failure so Caitlin synthesized a cure but it sadly had to have Kryptonite to work so now we had to watch Kara closely. 

As I sat by her side I couldn't help but blame myself for this. If only I could see how much she loved me and trust that she loved me, maybe she wouldn't be like this. This is all because I was a jealous idiot! Again! Again! Another innocent person was hurt because I let my feelings control me like a puppet. 

"The Kryptonite is making her condition much worse!" Caitlin yelled as they heard a ringing sound. "She's flatlining! Barry! Come over here! the special defibrillator isn't working, I need you to do it."

"But what if I can't control the amount of electricity that will shock her?! She could die, Cait!" I yelled. I was going crazy as I watched the love of my life lifelessly lying down on the medical bed. She looked so peaceful, yet the mere sight of her in this condition made my heart churn.

"If you don't do this, we will lose her forever. If you do this, Barry, she has a chance of surviving. I need you to do this. Kara needs you to do this." She said to me as lightning danced across my eyes.

"Alright! Stand back, I don't want to know what will happen to you if you get caught on my sparks." I rubbed my palms in superspeed as lightning began to appear, dancing in my hands.

Once I gathered enough energy, I pressed down both of my arms to her chest, making her arch her back from the shock but she still didn't wake up. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I rubbed my palm once again, not wanting to give up on her.

"Kara, don't you leave me! Please! I need you!" I shouted as I pressed down on her chest again, inciting the same results from before, she was still flatlining.

"No! Kara, wake up! KARA!" I repeated the process and got the same results, she was still not waking up.

"Barry…" Caitlin trailed off as she put a hand on my shoulder.

"No. I won't give up one her." I went to rub my palms again but I was stopped by Cisco putting his hands over mine as he shook his head.

"She's gone." At that realization, I broke down. The ringing sound of the EKG still echoing through the labs. She was gone. And it was all my fault.

Caitlin and Cisco escorted me back to the Cortex where they comforted me as I broke down in front of them. We did not hear a slight beep from the Medbay.

A/N That's the end of the chapter if you have any comments or request either leave it in the comments or message me thanks guys!
~Frosty💜💫