Not Myself

I squeezed the "gift" in my fist and closed my eyes as memories of my mom flashed in my mind.

Her smile.

Her laugh.

The way she was always able to make me feel like the most important person in the world.

How she simply held me because she cared.

Then. Her death.

I leaned forward and placed my head between my knees as a loud moan of pain escaped my lips. That bastard! How could he do this? I didn't really understand his hatred of me but this was really taking it too far.

I felt Matthew's hand running up and down my back in an effort to calm me. He knew what this would do to me and how I would react but my mind was to covered with rage to care.

Distantly I heard him tell Ella to leave the room and that made me raise my head and lock eyes with her.

Whatever she say there made her gasp and nearly drop the laptop in her hands. My head cocked to the side as I watched her and I heard her make a sound before she looked away from me to something off to my side.

My mind was too busy as I calculated all of the weaknesses I saw in her to care. She moved to the left, towards the door and I instinctively angled my body in that direction, ready to intercept her.

"Don't move Ella". A voice deep right beside my shoulder said and I tensed. How had I not known that someone was there?

I stood up slowly from my seat and moved until I had the two of them in my line of sight. The girl was so afraid that I was itching to hurt her, the guy was staring at me with a calmness that made me pause.

His eyes were so calm, his body relaxed as he watched me.

"Eris." He said and I just looked at him while subtly scanning the room. Was this Eris another person for me to fight?

"Eris." He said again and I realised he was speaking to me. I'm Eris? I thought and it made my head hurt a little.

I shook my head and got into a fighting stance and watched him as he placed his body between me and girl, but I had already eliminited her as any type if threat, my attention was all for the boy.

"Go." He said and she didn't wait around as she bolted through the door. Then it was just me and him.

"You have to calm down Eris, before you hurt someone else." The boy said I ignored his words and launched myself at him.

He ducked under my first punch but couldn't avoid the second I had aimed at his body. He grunted from the impact and tried to shove me back but I brushed his arms away and went after him.

I noticed that he was mainly trying to avoid me but I used my speed and attacked with fury and I found myself laughing with every blow that landed.

Blood fell from his mouth and nose and I smiled at the sight. Proud that I had been the one to make him bleed. Yet still he only moved to avoid my strikes or defend himself and that made me pause in frustration.

Using my second of hesitation, he dove at me, pushing his shoulder hard into my stomach slamming my back to the gound. My head slammed againt the hard floor, stunning me and causing stars to explode across my vision as the boy rose up a little and jammed his forearm across my throat.

"Snap the fuck out of it Eris!" He shouted down at me while applying more pressure and I could feel myself starting to black out.

I wanted him off of me so I tried to fight and push him off but he kept slapping away my feeble attempts with his free hand until I just stopped and glared up at him.

"I know it hurts and it's making you lash out but you have to calm down. Remember what happened last time?" The boy asked in a pleading voice and my eyes closed as images flooded my vision making my head hurt even more.

When my eyes opened again I was staring up at Matthew who was currently crushing my windpipe and pressing me into the ground while his nose and mouth bled.

"Mind getting off me?" I choked out and relief flooded his features as he pushed himself up before reaching out a hand for me.

Ignoring his hand I stayed on the floor and stared up at the ceiling.

"I lost it again didn't I?" I asked in a quiet voice even though I already knew the answer. He didn't answer me but I took his silence as answer enough.

"Did I hurt anyone?" Other than him I thought and at this he shook his head and I exhaled a breath I didn't know I was holding and smiled at him.

Pushing up a little onto my elbows I looked around the room for any signs of destruction and was suprised to see none except for our chairs.

"It wasn't too bad, I stopped you before you really got angry." He said and I raised my eyebrow at his words causing him to snort.

"Angrier." He said and I chuckled and laid back, content staying on the floor.

"This isn't the time to rest E. He made a move, now it's time for us to deal with it and him." He said voice now gone low and I clenched my fists, closed my eyes and jumped up ready to kill.

"This time he's going to be the one begging me to spare his life." I growled and stalked out of the room, anticipating.