Fight Night

I did a few stretches in the locker room trying to loosen up my muscles when Matthew walked in and motioned for me to sit down on the bench.

I did as instructed and he proceeded to wrap my writs and hands in boxing tape.

I flexed my my hands after he was finished and jumped up from the bench and started throwing random punches.

"Can you promise me one thing?" Matthew asked from his seat on the bench.

"What?" I asked as I threw a jab and then an uppercut.

"Can you promise you won't go beserker again?" He asked and I stopped what I was doing and looked at him.

"That's what you're worried about?" I asked him and he nodded his head.

"The last time you went beserker..." I cut him off.

"I remember." I said and he nodded his head quickly and stood up.

"Ready?" He asked and I grinned and bounced on my toes as he led us through the locker room doors.

There was a large crowd around the cage, grunts of pain could be heard and the sound of flesh hitting flesh made me shiver in anticipation.

Matthew went and talked to a man who was standing on the side of the cage with some papers in his hand. Probably the organizer.

They both turned back to look at me and I watched as the organizers eyes accesed me as he took in my black sports bra, toned stomach and red and black shorts.

I could almost read the disappointment in his eyes, he turned back to Matthew and they talked for a little while longer before Matthew ran back over to me.

"What did he say?" I asked as I watched the two men in the cage go at it.

"He wanted to cancel one of your fights." Matthew said and I was about to launch myself at the organizer but Matthew placed his hand on my forearm to stop me.

"Calm down, I handled it." He said and I smiled at him.

"You're next." He said just as the larger man landed a solid hit and the smaller man went down and the crowd went crazy.

"Or maybe now." Matthew said and I smiled in excitement.

A few guys went into the cage and dragged the unconscious man out.

The organizer went into the cage and introduced a man named Falcon. He went into the ring doing practice jabs and punches and the crowd cheered.

"And now, a new challenger. Phoenix!!" He shouted and I walked up the steps into the cage as the people started laughing.

"Don't hurt yourself beautiful!!"

"This is a man's sport baby!!"

"Don't break a nail!!"

"Is this for real?"

"Falcon's gonna murder that chick!!"

On and on the insults went but my attention was on the man who was in the cage with me. He had a nice figure, a few inches taller than me and looked like he could deliver a hit.

There was also something else I noticed about him. He was leaning slightly more on his right leg, it wasn't noticable; you just had to be looking for it. Like I was.

"Like what you see baby?" Falcon asked and the crowd laughed.

"I've seen better." I tell him and the crowd laughs again and Falcon get's angry.

"How bout after this me and you hang out." Falcon says.

"How bout you shut up and fight." I say and the bell rings.

Falcon rushes me and tries to grab my middle but I move back and bring my right leg up and deliver a hard blow to his left knee. His face contorts in pain before before he drops to his right knee and I bring my foot up again and catch him on the side of his head.

His body spins around before he falls to the floor unconscious. The people around the cage are quiet as they take in what just happened.

Wasting no time the organizer brings in my second opponent and this one is much bigger than the last and tried to knock me out as soon as the bell had rung, he managed to clip me on the shoulder and I spun out from the force of the blow and he raised his hand to hit me again.

I dropped down and swept his feet out from under him and he fell hard on the mat. Jumping up, I wrapped my legs around one of his arms and pulled it to my chest and leaned until my was touching the mat and stretching his arm.

He tried to shake me off but I pressed one of my feet to the side of his neck and pushed. I could feel his arm straining and I pulled harder on it while pushing at his neck.

He used his free hand to tap the mat, forfeiting but I countinued with my push and pull until I felt the bones in his arm start to shift and he screamed. I giggled until Matthew called my name.

I immediately released him and jumped up and seached for him through the crowd as a man helped the guy out of the cage.

I found him at the back of the room and he motioned for me to breathe.

By the time my third opponent made it into the cage I was almost back to my normal self. This guys name was Demon. He was much smaller than the other two but I knew not to let his size fool me.

From looking at him I couldn't find any weaknesses on him and I smiled. Maybe I will actually get a good fight tonight.

When the bell rang neither of us moved. We stood staring at each other for almost five minutes until the crowd started shouting.

He moved first and I almost didn't see the blow coming at my head. I ducked under his outstretched hand and stepped into him and tried to hit him with an uppercut but he threw his upper body backwards and caught me in the chin with his foot.

I stumbled backwards and flexed my jaw. It wasn't broken but it would leave a big bruise. I looked up at him and saw him waiting and I smiled. This was the fight I needed.

I rushed forward and aimed a roundhouse at his head, he caught my foot and pushed it away, but I knew he was going to do that and using the force of his push, I brought my other leg up and caught him on his left side.

He stumbled and I pressed my atvantage, delivering shots all over his body. He fought back and nearly got in as many hits as me but a hit to his head had him crumbling to the mat.

The crowd was finally cheering and I was a little suprised when the started chanting Phoenix.

The organizer came in the cage and clapped me on the back of my shoulder. I shot him a look and he removed his hand.

"The winner. PHOENIX!!" He shouted and the crowd cheered.

I walked out of the cage and a few people tried to stop me, wanting to know if I'd be their fighter but I pushed them out of the way until I reached Matthew who stood there with a big grin on his face while he held my gym bag and a large duffel bag.

"How much did we make?" I asked as he led us outside.

"750,000." He said and I whistled.

"We would have made more but a few people also bet on you for the last match." He threw both bags in the back seat and we got in.

"So how many do I have next time?" I asked him meaning my number of fights.

"Six." He said and I chuckled and leaned back in my seat.

"It should do for now." I said and he shook his head.