Rhia and Ian

Wrenching my shoulder out his tight grip I moved Rhia behind me and glared at Ian.

"If you ever touch me like that again, I'll break your wrist." I tell him and his glare softens a little.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that." He says rubbing his hands over his face in frustration.

"I don't care if you meant to do it or not. The fact is you did do it." I said as Matthew pushed through the growing crowd and came to my side.

"Everything alright?" He asked looking between me and Ian.

"Yeah, just setting a few rules for our friend Ian." I said and he nodded.

"I'm sorry okay, but you were about to kiss my sister." He stressed.

"And?" I asked and held Rhia's hand a little tighter as she pressed one of her palms on my back.

"I'm sorry Ian, I didn't know you liked her like that." Rhia said in a soft voice.

"And!" I said again when he didn't answer.

"It's just that I saw you first and I was going to ask you out." He mumbled and I frowned.

"So you saw me first, does that give you some sort of claim on me?" I asked trying to keep my anger down.

"Well yeah." He said and I took a step towards him but a hand held my shirt stopping me.

I looked back and saw that Rhia was the one holding me back and I frowned. No one other than Micheal had ever been able to divert my attention when I wanted a fight.

I looked over at Micheal to see that his  eyes were wide and that he had also noticed what had just happened and he had an astonished look on his face.

I looked back at Ian who was looking at me with a small smile on his face.

"What made you think I was interested in you?" I asked into the now quiet room.

"Well....when you let me walk you to class and let me sit by you." He said his face now red.

My jaw had dropped along with nearly everyone else's in the room.

"Ian let me clear this up right now so there's no more misunderstandings between us." I said and he nodded his head and moved closer to me.

"I'm a lesbian." I said and the room held it's breath.

Ian took a step back and his brow furrowed in confusion.

"You...you can't be one of those. You don't look like a........a......a dyke." He said and people gasped while some snickered.

"And just how does a 'dyke' look?" I asked and took a step towards him. Rhia's hand had dropped from my back when Ian had spoken so there was no one holding me back at the moment.

"You know short hair and loose clothing and always acting like a guy." He said not understanding how angry I was getting.

"I'm sure you just haven't found the right guy. If you give me a chance I can change you." He said smiling and I pulled my fist back and punched him in the jaw.

He went down and the crowd started screaming and pushing as I walked up to Ian and started kicking him. With every blow I delivered I could hear "him"in my head.

"It's disgusting!" Kick

"Filhty." Kick

"Burn in hell." Kick

"Your mother would have hated you!" A hard kick.

I could feel myself slipping into beserker but I didn't pause in kicking Ian to look around for Matthew to stop me. I kicked him one last time  when I felt arms wrap around my waist and pull me back.

"Please stop." She whisperd as she buried her face in the back of my shirt and sobbed.

"Please don't hurt him anymore." She begged and held me tighter. The people in the room were going crazy as some tried to get closer while other struggled to get away.

Ian was rolling and groaning on the floor and I felt nothing. No remorse for punching and kicking him, for not returning his feelings. Nothing.

"Eris!" Matthew screamed and I looked in his direction and nodded that I was alright.

Two big guys stepped up and as gently as they could picked Ian up and placed him on his back on a couch that was pushed off to the side.

I thought Rhia would release me so she could go check on her brother but she only held me tighter each time Ian moaned in pain.

"It's okay mia bella." I said rubbing the arms around my waist as she continued to cry into my back.

I moved her arms from around me so I could hold her and she buried her face in my neck as I rubbed her back trying to soothe her.

"You okay?" Matthew asked when he finally made it through the crowd and back to my side.

"Yeah, I'm good." I said and hugged Rhia tighter.

"Did she stop you from going..?"

"Yeah, she did." I said

"How." He asked as he stared as Rhia like she was some sort of magical creature.

"I'm not sure, but would you mind checking on Ian, I'm not really sure if I broke anything." I said and he nodded and went over to Ian's side to check the damage I'd done.

"Let me take you some where else." I said to Rhia and she nodded her head and pulled away from me to take my hand and lead me towards the stairs.