Simmer

The next day at school I was tense and even though I still had my admirers of girls smiling at me, they moved out of my way as I walked down the hall.

If any teacher was tempted to call on me during class my glare would turn them away. But that probably also had something with the two large guards that were following me around.

He wasn't even here and he was already messing with me.

I'm going to kill him when I see him. My fist slammed into a locker and people in the hall stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

Shit, I've gotta calm down. Shaking out my hand I looked back to see the two guards watching me intently. Hopefully the two of them knew what they were doing and were strong enough.

Walking to my next class people stopped and looked at me as the guards took up posts near the back of the room. Matthew had already spoken to the principal and explained a little bit of the situation and he approved of it as long as none of the other students got injured.

Class continued on as normal but I didn't get to see Rhia until lunch time. As soon as I walked into the cafeteria everyone stopped talking as the watched me and the guards walk towards the table that Rhia was sitting at by herself.

She smiled when she saw me and I felt my mood rise a little and I immediately smiled back.

I went to get us some lunch and by the time I got back the table was already nearly full with people.

Sitting down with our lunch I pushed the tray towards Rhia and she smiled and started eating. Feeling eyes on me, I looked up to see the rest of the table watching us.

"What?" I asked hopping that my mood wouldn't drop again as they looked at each other as if they were debating who would be the one to speak.

"Uh..how are you doing?" One ventured and I looked up at the boy whose name I didn't know.

"Fine. Why?" I asked while still looking at him and he squirmed under my gaze.

"Well." He said and motioned his head in the direction of one of the guards. I looked at one of the guards and he looked down at me with his face blank. Looking back at the unnamed boy I shrugged my shoulders before I started to eat my food while the table watched on.

Matthew came into the room a few minutes later and after getting his lunch he sat down on the other side of me with a girl I had never seen before.

I finished my food first before I looked pass him to the girl who looked to be really uncomfortable sitting at the table with us. Her brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she had her head down.

Probably feeling my gaze she looked over at me and her brown eyes looked at me in fear, I looked over at her until I felt a elbow nudge my side.

Looking away from the scared girl I looked at Matthew who was scowling at me as he took a bite of his sandwhich.

"What?" I asked and rubbed my side. Matthew might not fight like me but he was still very strong. He had to be in order to deal with me.

"Stop glaring at her." He said and I scowled at him but relaxed a little when Rhia touched my arm.

"You were glaring at the girl." She said and Matthew nodded his head and took a drink of water before motioning towards the girl who looked as if she was trying to disappear.

"This is Ella." He introduced her and I scowled again.

What did I care what her name was? Why was he introducing her to me?

"Stop scowling Eris and be nice and shake her hand." Matthew ground out and I almost growled.

He knew what was going on right now and he wanted me to play friends with someone I didn't know? I was tempted to hit him.

As soon as that thought crossed my mind I knew that I was being irrational and I needed to calm down. Closing my eyes and doing a little of my breathing exercises I tried to push down some of the anger. When I had managed to get myself under control a little I opened my eyes and looked at Ella, giving her a small smile before reaching out my hand for her to shake.

She reached up and around Matthew and clasped her trembling hand with mine and blushed."I apologise for my earlier behavior, I'm a little stressed but that is no excuse. My name is Eris and it is a pleasure to meet you Ella." I said and leaned forward a little and placed a small kiss on the back of her hand causing her to blush again.

I could feel someone looking at me hard, or should I say someone's; and I released Ella's hand to see Matthew glaring at me, looking over at Rhia I saw that she was doing the exact same thing and I looked at her in confusion trying to figure out what I had done to earn that glare.

Opening my eyes wide I looked back over at Ella and took Rhia's hand in mine."This is my beautiful girlfriend Rhia." I blurted then blushed myself when I realised what I had just said. If it was even possible, the table got even more quiet as I turned to look at Rhia in surprise and found her with the same expression as me.

"Sorry, it just came out, I didn't mean too... I mean yeah I meant too just not yet, I mean if now is a good time then I'm good with it, but we haven't even talked about it yet. We've only been on one date and then that was nearly a complete disaster mmmmmm." Her hand covered my mouth to stop my rambling.

"I would love to be your girlfriend." She said while blushing and smiling and my brain shut down. when I finally registered her words I smiled behind her hand. My first real smile for the entire day.