Chapter 21

Lucy's POV

"Why don't you guys look for the jewel, and we'll wait out here for Happy." Wendy suggested.

"Well, it's not like we can do anything else." I pointed out.

"So let's go then!" Natsu said as he started walking into the tunnel.

"Wait! Don't leave me here! This place is creepy." I called after him.

I ran to try to catch up to him, but ended up running into him since it was so dark and fell to the ground.

"Lucy, are you ok?" Natsu asked as he helped me up.

"Yeah I'm fine." I replied.

"You sure?" He asked again.

"Yes, I'm sure." I assured him. "Hey, been up with you lately?"

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well, you've been a little overprotective lately." I told him.

"What? No I haven't." He laughed.

"Yeah you have. Like yesterday when you got mad at me." I reminded him.

He turned around and I nearly bumped into him again.

"I care about you Lucy, that's why." He said with a serious expression. He was so close, I could feel his breath on my face.

"N-natsu." I stammered as he leaned a little closer. He glanced down at my lips and back up to my eyes.

Within seconds his lips were on mine and his hands were on my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. After about ten seconds passed I pulled back, but our hands remained in the same places.

"I've been waiting to do that." He grinned and I blushed. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a faint glow.

"Hey, I think I found it!" I pulled away from him completely and went over to a pile of rocks. He stayed standing there for a few seconds before he followed me.

"Give me some light?" I asked and he started a flame with his hand.

I saw a purple stone and I tried to pull it out of the other rocks. Once I got it out I looked at it and realized how pretty it was.

"Wow, it so pretty." I said aloud.

"Not as pretty as you." I heard Natsu say quietly.

I looked up at him with surprise and blushed. He just grinned at me and then walked past me.

"Come on, we should let's them know that we found the gem." He said.

"Yeah." I nodded and started following him back to the exit- kind of.

"Hey, we found the gem." Natsu called to Wendy and Carla.

"That's great, now we just need to wait for Happy and Akari to get here." Wendy sighed.

I sat down and finally had a moment to process what happened.

Natsu kissed me. He kissed ME! And I kissed him back!

Did I even like him like that? I mean he's cute I guess, he's really cute actually. He's also really sweet and caring. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to be with him. I thought. I glanced up at him and smiled to myself. I kissed Natsu Dragneel.