Chapter 20

Lucy's POV

Later that day we all went to the guild so Akari could join. After she got her mark we hung out for a little bit before I decided to go home.

When I got home I decided to take a bath. As I was getting dressed I heard a crash from outside the door.

"Lucy? Lucy where are you?" I heard Natsu call.

I finished getting dressed and stepped out of the bathroom.

"Natsu, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming back? What if something happened?" He scolded me, almost seeming angry.

Why is he acting like this? He's being a little to protective. I thought.

"Sorry, I want really thinking about anything besides coming home." I told him.

"Just don't do it again." He sighed and sat down on the couch.

"Hey, tomorrow I'm thinking to finding a job to go on." I informed him.

"Ok, just try to avoid using a train." He wined and I laughed.

"Goodnight Natsu."

"Goodnight."

--

I woke up to the sound of arguing. I got dressed and went out to the living room to see Natsu and Happy fighting.

"What are you fighting about now?" I asked as I sat at the kitchen table.

"Nothing." Natsu said as he glared at Happy, who was glaring back.

"Ok. Well we should get ready to the guild and find a job." I suggest.

"Yeah." Natsu agreed.

We all ate breakfast and then headed to the guild. The entire time Natsu and Happy were shooting glares at each other and they both walked on opposite sides of me.

"What happened between you two?" I tried asking again.

"I said nothing." Natsu grumbled as he crossed his arms.

Right when we got to the guild I went to find a job. I picked a flyer that read 'Find a missing gem in hidden cave. Reward: 50,000 jewel.'

"50,000 jewel?! That gem must really important." I said to no one in particular.

"Let's do it!" Natsu cheered.

"Hey Lucy, are you going on a job?" Wendy asked as we were about to leave the guild.

"Yeah, wanna come with?" I offered.

"Sure, I don't really have anything else to do." She accepted.

As we were walking through the streets to the train station we saw Akari.

"Hey Akari! We're going on a job, wanna come with?" I asked.

"Sorry, not today. Maybe next time?" She declined.

"Oh, it's ok, see ya later." I waved her off and we continued our walk.

"How long is the train ride?" Natsu asked.

"Around an hour, I think." I responded.

"An hour?!" Natsu wined.

"Come one, we need to get going." I pushed Natsu, Happy, Carla, and Wendy onto the train.

"You're sick already? The train hasn't even started moving yet." I said to Natsu.

"Wimp." Happy mumbled, but Natsu was able to hear.

"What'd you call me?" Natsu got up, about it to hit Happy when the train started moving and he fell to the ground.

I pulled him back up onto the seat and he rested his head on my shoulder.

-1 hour later-

"Come in Natsu, we're here." I nudge him and he woke up.

"Already?" He asked.

"Yeah, you slept through most of it. Now come on we need to get to this guys house." I dragged him out of the train with Wendy, Carla, and Happy following.

We went to the address that was listed on the flyer. We walked up to the house and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" A male voice called.

"We're from fairy tail, we got your request, about the gem." I called back.

The door opened and revealed a short man. "Come in."

We walked in and sat on a couch and he sat in a chair in front of us.

"So, the gem?" I asked.

"Yes, the gem. It holds a great amount of magic, dark magic. I need you to find it and bring it to me so it can be destroyed. It it located somewhere in a cave in the middle of the forest. I will give you a map that will lead the way." He explained.

"What does it look like?" Natsu asked.

"You'll know it when you see it, it's a bright purple and is probably as big as the palm of your hand. Bring it back to me and I will reward you with your 50,000 jewel." He told us.

He gave us the map and explained a few extra things before we headed off.

"This seems easy enough, right? All we gotta do if find a gem and bring it back." I said as we arrived at the forest.

"Yeah, seems pretty easy to me." Natsu agreed.

"We need to be careful, we don't know if something is protect the gem or not, so no funny business you two." Carla said, referring to Natsu and Happy.

"You don't need to worry about me, I'm way more responsible than that dummy over there." Happy said as he gestured towards Natsu.

"Yeah right." Natsu scoffed.

-a little bit more walking and a lot more fighting later-

We finally walked up to the cave and stopped once we got in front of it.

"So what's the plan?" Wendy asks.

"The plan is, we go in there, get the gem, and come out. Simple." Natsu said as he walked into the cave, and I followed.

"It's not that easy Natsu." Happy commented.

"You don't get any say in this, you're just a tiny blue cat." Natsu shot back.

"And you're just a big dumb dragon slayer." Happy responded.

Natsu got angry at that and punched the side of the caves wall. All of a sudden there was a rumbling sound and rocks started to fall.

"Natsu! What did you do?" I yelled.

I tried to run for the exit, but I was too late. We were trapped.

"Natsu! Lucy! Are you okay in there?" Wendy yelled through the rocks.

"Yeah, just step back. I'm gonna break us out of here." Natsu said as he charged towards the pile of rocks and crashing into them, only to fall on the ground.

He got back up with a confused look on his face and tried to attack the wall more, but nothing was working.

"I can't get through." Natsu called.

"Maybe Akari would be able to move these rocks with her magic." Wendy thought aloud.

"But she's back in fairy tail." I reminded her.

"I'll go get her." I heard Happy say.

"That would take too long." I said back, but got no response." Happy?"

"He already left." Wendy told us.

"Great." I sighed as I sat down against the wall of the cave. "We're trapped."