Chapter 1

Lucy wakes up to the sound of someone rummaging through her things. She sits up and rubs her eyes. She looks out of her door in the kitchen and sees a shadow of someone from the light of the fridge. She quietly gets up and grabs the closest thing to her, which was a lamp. Lucy sneaks up behind the person and hits them on the head and quickly flicks on the lights.

"Natsu?" She looks down at her friend who she just hit on head.

"Heya Lucy." She looks over at Happy who is sitting next to Natsu on the ground.

"What are you guys doing in my house this early?" She groans.

Natsu gets up and stumbles over to a chair and sits down." Calm down we were just hungry so we were grabbing some food." He smiles slightly.

"IN MY FRIDGE?!" Lucy yells.

"Sorry." Natsu and Happy cower.

"Whatever. What time is it?" She tiredly asks.

"6:56." Natsu answers.

"Well there's no point in going back to bed now. I'm going to shower, don't touch anything until I get out." She says as she walks over to her dresser and gets some clothes.

"Can't promise you anything." Happy smiles. Lucy ignores his comment and goes into the bathroom. "Hey Natsu, why are we always in her stuff anyways?"

"She's our friend, so we're welcome at her house. Her stuff is our stuff." Natsu smiles as he puts his arms behind his head.

"I'm not sure that's how it works." Happy says doubtfully.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"You liiike herr." Happy teases as he flies over Natsu's head.

"No I don't, you don't know what your talking about." He denies as he slightly blushed.

"Whatever you say." Just then Lucy comes out of the bathroom.

"What are you two arguing about?" She asks walking over to them.

Natsu glares at Happy." He liiikes you." Happy once again teases.

"Of course I like Lucy, she's our friend." Natsu grins and puts his arm around her shoulder, once again blushing. Lucy laughs at the two of them.

"Hey, how about we get back to work, it's been a while since we went on a job. I'm broke and still need the pay my rent." Lucy points out.

"Hmm I don't know." Natsu says.

"What?" Lucy asks shocked by his response.

"I'm just not feeling it." He simply replies.

"Okay. I'll just go by myself, or see if Wendy, Gray, or Erza are willing to go."

"Aww c'mon you can't wait awhile?" Happy whines.

"Sorry guys but I need the money, I'm going with or without you."

I wonder why he doesn't want go. He always wants to go on jobs. Does it have something to do with me? Lucy thought.

"Heya Lucy, you okay?" Natsu asks waving his hand in front of her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Would you guys mind leaving?" She asks.

"What?" Natsu asks.

"Please just go." Lucy repeats.

"Why, did we do something wrong?" Natsu continues to ask.

"No, I just want to be alone for a while before I head to the guild."

"Aye, c'mon Natsu lets go." Happy says heading towards the door.

Natsu stands there for a second before following Happy out the door. When Lucy hears the door shut she sighs and sits down at her desk.

----

"I don't get why she kicked us out. What did we do? She was ok with it until we started talking about jobs, wasn't she?" Natsu rambles.

"She kicks us out a lot, why are you making a big deal out of it?" Happy asks.

"I'm not making a big deal out of it." Natsu argues.

"Yeah you are."

"I am not." Natsu argues.

"Yes you are." The two of them continue to argue.

"Whatever, I'm not doing this anymore." Natsu gives up and keeps walking towards the guild. As they are walking in Erza and Gray come out.

"Hey guys, we're about to go on a quick job, wanna come with?" Erza asks.

"No thanks." Natsu says.

"Why not?" Erza asks." It'll only take a second."

"Uh, we're already going on one with Lucy!" Natsu says, he didn't feel like dealing with Gray.

"We are?" Happy asks.

Natsu glared at the cat." Yes. We are."

"Okay, well see you guys later." Erza waves as she walks off with Gray.

"I thought you didn't want to go on a job." Happy says a bit confused.

"Well I changed my mind. Now let's go find a job."

A/N:

So, that's the first chapter. I'm not sure if I'm getting their personalities and stuff right and I would really appreciate some constructive criticism. Please let me know what you think of it! Just a heads up, the next few chapters are a little slow, but please enjoy the rest of the story.