Chapter 39

Valerie's POV:

I wake up to see Alexander's arm wrapped around me. I smile up at him. He looks so peaceful... It's adorable. I carefully get out of bed, making sure not to wake him. He stirs in his sleep and I wrap myself in the white sheet. I walk to the balcony and look out at the sunset.

I lean against the railing and sigh. I can't help but wonder... Why me?

I'm made from evil. Literally. And the sunset is something so beautiful. It's made from the hands of my grandfather himself. Pure good. The sunset can't do any harm like I can. I envy that.

I envy the angels above. They live a free life of luxury. They live above the sunset. The purple intensity of it... It's breathtaking. I know the Angel's don't go through torture for the ones they love. They are what they are... For the ones they love.

The cold wind hits my face and I shiver in delight. I hear shuffling behind me and I continue staring at the horizon.

"Baby?" I hear Alexander ask in a husky sleepy voice. I look at him over my shoulder and smile as he rubs his eyes. He wraps his arms around my waist and I turn back to the sunset. He kisses my back and I clasp my hands together over the railing. "What are you doing out here?"

"Watching the sunset." I answer. I hear him chuckle lowly and he lays his head on my back.

"Come back to bed." I smile. "It's cold out here." I look at him over my shoulder and he stares back at me.

"Go back inside Mon amour.(My heart.)" I say. "I'll be there in a minute." He hums and kisses my shoulder blade.

"Really?" I nod and he sighs. "He unwraps his arms from around me and slowly walks away backwards. "Don't be long my little devil." My smile widen as he walks back to bed.

I focus on the sunset again and take a deep breath. "Hey grandpa. I don't know if you can hear me... Or if you even want to speak to me." I frown. "But I'm sorry. I'm sorry for my idiotic father. I'm sorry for not talking to you sooner... But I really think I'm just sorry for being the devil's daughter. I bring pain to those around me... I can't even sleep without the nightmares." A tear drops and I bite the inside of my bottom lip. "Forgive me..."

I wipe my tear and exhale slowly. I lightly laugh and tap the railing. I shake my head before going back inside and joining Akexander in the bed, not closing my eyes once.

-------Arthors Note---

Hello... Again. Sorry it's so short. It's currently 6 am in the morning and I have yet to fall asleep. I blame it on wattpad completely. But just enjoy it. I'm going to sleep now. I'm struggling to keep me eyes open while writing this so I'll check for mistakes later. M'kay night... or mornight?