Chapter 29

Valerie POV:

I wake up and shiver. Jesus this bath is cold. I get out of the bathtub quietly and quickly get dressed.

I walk downstairs and grab a bowl. As soon as I put it down a sharp pain shoots through me. I grab my side and groan. What the hell? I fall down in pain and whimper.

'I'm sorry! I don't know what's wrong!' Jess pleads. I scream in pain and suddenly my arm starts bleeding. I look at it and words appear.

Target acquired? The hell does that mean?! I groan and suddenly it stops. I pant and slowly stand up.

'Hello Valerie.' I jump. I hear a chuckle and I gulp.

'You aren't Filia. So who the hell are you?' I ask.

'I'll explain when you get here.' He says. 'You're going to run away. From your pack and your mate. We have waited too long.'

'And just who the hell do you think you are? I can't do that. I won't. I don't know you. I don't trust you. So piss off'

'Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. You will listen or I'll tear you and your pack apart.' I sigh in defeat.

'Fine...' I don't think twice. I'll protect my pack... No matter the risk.

'Good. You must leave now. While everyone is asleep. And darling? Bring Jaiden.' I freeze in horror and walk to the basement. I reach out for the knob and my heartbeat speeds up.  I open the door and walk towards his cell. God he looks terrible...

"Hello Cassie." He says without looking up. I gulp and slowly walk towards him. He meets my eyes and I stop in front of him. "About damn time. Get me out of these and get dressed properly. We're going hiking."

"What makes you think I'll listen to you?" I ask. He smiles and a ringing starts. I cry out and cover my ears. I fall on my knees and whimper. "S-Stop." I cry out again and fall against his chest. The ringing gets more intense and I whimper. Without hesitation or without looking up, I reach up to grab the silver chains, not caring about the burning. I pull down and the chains snap. The ringing stops and he wraps his arms around me.

"I'm sorry baby." He mumbles against my hair. I whimper and he looks at me. "This is the only way we can be together." He grabs my hand. "Forever."

"Stop." I whisper. He puts his forehead against mine and sighs. He shakes his head and I close my eyes. "What do you want from me?"

"That's just it Cass." He forces me to look at him, desperation in his eyes. "It's not what I want from you." I look at him with a puzzled look. He cups my face. "I want you. I need you baby." Tears threaten to drop again and I put my hands on his.

"No..." I breathe. He frowns. "You don't need me Jaiden. You don't... Want me. You don't love me..."

"That's not true." He murmurs. I nod and put my hand on his cheek.

"Yes. It is." He shakes his head while I continue talking.  "And that's okay. I understand. You can't love a weak stupid pathetic nobody. You don't want a useless worthless girl like me. You've told me. And I understand."

"Stop it. It's not true." He snaps. He snatches my hand and I whimper. "Get up." We stand up and he grabs his wrist. "You're gonna go upstairs. Grab clothes. And meet me at the door. Quickly and quietly. Do you understand?"

"Yes." I run upstairs and grab a black backpack. I begin stiffing clothes and shoes. I take off my heels and change outfits.

I finish packing and I wipe away my tears

I finish packing and I wipe away my tears. I look at the time. 7:42... I look to the bathroom and sigh. I quietly walk over and lean on the door frame. Alexander's peacefully sleeping on the tub.

He's so caring... Name a better mate. He fell asleep while I was on my heat. Others would've left. I snap out of it and smile sadly.

"Goodbye bear." I whisper. "I wish you could hear me say this but... I love you."

I walk away and grab the bag. I run downstairs and Jaiden looks at me. Why is he in Alexander's clothes? He must've seen my face because he smirks.

"He always keeps an extra pair of clothes in the back. You know, in case a shift goes wrong?" I nod and he reaches his hand out. "Time to go."

I hesitantly grab his hand and he takes us out back. I glance at the house over my shoulder. This... Is for the pack...