fifteen

I watched him walk all the way across the lot and as unlocked his car I jumped out and said his name. "Daniel," he turned around and I'm surprised he even heard me over the pouring rain.

My hair was sticking to my face and my white shirt was was becoming transparent with each raindrop that fell on me. We just stared at each other. He began walking towards me and I met him in the middle.

He didn't try to kiss me, he just pulled me into a hug in the middle of a Panera parking lot in the pouring rain. A million things were running through my mind but it seemed as if time stopped when he planted a kiss on my forehead.

A loud bang of thunder shook us back to reality. Reality. Reality is he is leaving tonight and I'm not going to see him for months. Reality is I'm going to have to move on from the damage of my past relationships and find someone.

Reality is we just aren't meant to be.

"I gotta go" he said and as I looked up he put his lips on mine. It was electric, it's like the very first time.

Or maybe we are.

He pulled away and jogged back to his car as his phone started ringing. I just stood there in the rain as I watched his car vanish from my sight. My mind was taking to long to figure things out. I realize maybe he's not bad for me and we could work things out, then he kisses me, then he leaves.

I don't know if it's been thirty seconds or thirty minutes at this point but by the time I make it back to my car my mascara is all over and even my socks are wet. I cried the whole way home, "he'll be back soon," I said to myself.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the false hope I had given myself. "I mind as well tell myself he loves me while I'm at it." I said sarcastically.

I pulled into the parking garage and brought my bags upstairs. I started to go through what I bought and the vision I saw in the store just wasn't really what I wanted. All the clothes were cool but they didn't fit my sound.

I called my manager and we talked about the album for a few hour as I drank wine and after four or five glasses we came up with an idea. 

Time skip to two days later

We are shooting for the cover today and the album comes out in three days, I know we're really cutting things close but this is the easiest part compared to the actual music.

The whole time we were taking pictures I was thinking about him, where he was, what he was doing.

We finished up taking pictures and I just went home. I put my AirPods in and shuffled my album as I went down to the gym in my building. I ran on the treadmill and did a few sets of crunches and glute bridges and by the time I was done I had listened to it two times through.

I went back upstairs and checked my emails from the photographers and looked over the pictures. There were plenty of me wearing a float dress as I walked into the water and me laying in the sand that were artsy and cute.

I just kinda glanced over them until I got to the ones at the end where we were just messing around, there was one of me laying topless on my stomach on the sheet we were using as a background for some of the other photos.

It looked like it was taken on a fun summer day, I liked that.

Liked by Seaveydaniel, gabbieegonzalez and 1,238,845 others

nora AFRAID TO BE ALONE! APRIL 2ND MY DEBUT ALBUM IS COMING OUT!! Show your love and support by preordering and turning notifications on!!!
View all  508,496 comments
username1: DAMN I CANT EVEN THINK RN
Username2: anyone else notice the notebook next to her says happy birthday?
Seaveydaniel: April second huh?
Username3: AHHHH 😆😆😆😆
Tatedoll: can't wait babes! 🥰🥳
Username4: YAYYYYY

After posting I just sat outside on my balcony. I starting strumming on my guitar, "chandelier still flickering here, I can't pretend it's okay when it's not," I quietly sang.

I take out my phone and start a voice memo. As I started again I came up with a few more lines, "I get drunk but it's not enough cause when morning comes you're not my baby," I mumbled between as I tried to come up with more,

"Chandelier still flickers here cause I can't pretend it's okay when it's not," I kept strumming as I got to what I wanted to be the next verse but I couldn't come up with anything. I set my guitar down in frustration and I looked up to see the setting sun.

I laid on my stomach on the sun chair I was on and just looked at the sky. "My heart, my hips, my body, my love, tryna find a part of me that you didn't touch." I sang.

After the sun was all the way down and the city was coming to life I went inside. I pressed shuffle on my favorite playlist and went into my room. It's kind of a mess from working all week so I decided to start cleaning.

Picking up a few papers soon turned into cleaning out my entire room. Before I knew it I was taping pictures on my wall and taking his clothes out of my closet and putting them in the guest room.

I tried to look at things as him being unreachable, it would stop me from getting my hopes up but deep down it wasn't working.

Well that's nice, thanks for all the love 🥰