two

Nora

I finished up at dance and watched the sunset as I walked home. I had gotten back around eight and took the stairs up instead of the elevator.

When I made it up to my floor I saw Katie's boyfriend coming out of the elevator holding a bouquet of roses and walking towards her door in the same direction as me.

I could make out a few of his features but he had his hood pulled over his head so I couldn't see much. He made it to her door before I made it to mine and it looked like she left it open a little for him.

He took a step in as I approached my door. "Hey uh do you know where sh-" he started but paused as we heard her laugh from inside my apartment. I tried the doorknob but it was locked.

"Katie you gotta be quiet," Liam said and I heard her moan. You have to be kidding me. The small smile I had on my face faded and a tear streamed down my face as I fumbled around in my pockets for my keys.

I wiped away my tears as he grabbed the keys out of my hand and quickly threw the door open. "What the fuck Katie!" He yelled as he walked in. I stood a step behind him, I honestly didn't want to see this.

I saw them scrambling to separate themselves from each other and I grabbed my wallet off the kitchen counter and walked right back out the door. I sniffed as I tried to make my way down the long hallway.

"Nora! Baby! Let me explain!" Liam yelled as he followed me down the hallway. He was obviously half drunk by the way his voice sounded, yet still sober enough to know what he was doing. I let out a pity chuckle as I turned around to see him wrapped in a bedsheet chasing me.

"Baby come here." He said in a soft voice and I didn't move. "No" I choked out, "L-Liam I did everything for you." I started.

"Y-you controlled my life!" I said in as I slightly raised my voice, "you told me what to do, where to go, and what I could could wear and honestly I listened to you, god Liam I actually thought you loved me." I said.

"You know what! Fine! I don't need you." He yelled. More and more tears started to stream down my face as he kept going, "Go ahead and leave me! You weren't good enough for me anyway!"

"Don't expect me to come back." I said in a quieter tone, gesturing between us, the hurt in my voice showing through. I took his shirt off and threw it at him, leaving me in just my sports bra and leggings.

I started walking to the elevator and I sighed as I turned to see him standing there as the doors closed. I made it down to the ground floor and sat on the curb as I realized I had no where to go.

I felt someone sit down next to me and I slightly looked over to see what I'm assuming is Katie's now ex boyfriend sitting next to me, the roses still in his hands.

He set the flowers down between us and put his head in his hands. "We'll be fine" he mumbled as he slowly looked up and out into the street.

"I don't think I will be." I said slowly. I felt his eyes turn to me but I didn't look at him. "You need a ride somewhere?" He asked and I nodded no. "I- I'm not leaving you out here alone." He stuttered.

"I have no where to go." I said quietly and he stood up. "Then you're coming with me." He said as he put out a hand for me, "I'm Daniel." He said. After a minute of just sitting there I saw that he didn't give up. I just sighed as I got up by myself and silently followed him to his car.

"I uh- I saw these on the table and they looked important," he said as he took a small stack of papers folded in half out of his pocket and handed them to me. I took them and opened it up to see it's the stuff I did last night to get studio time.

"Yea they are t-thanks." I mumbled and he started the car. We drove almost twenty minutes away to reach a beautiful house on the outside of the city. He pulled into the garage and we both got out of the car and headed inside.

The house seemed pretty empty, there weren't any lights on and it seemed like only he lived here. We headed to the kitchen right away and he flipped the dim lights on. I sat down on one of the stools and he jumped up on the counter across from me.

The light was barely bright enough for me to see the tear stains in his cheeks, looking at someone just as hurt as I was made me feel a little better. I know it's not right but at least I didn't feel completely alone.

"thank you," I finally said breaking the silence, "for not leaving me out there." He just nodded as he slipped off his hood to reveal platinum blonde hair and dark roots. His face was structured, he had a strong jawline and from what I could see, bright blue eyes.

He just nodded. Nothing more. It got quiet again and tears were just falling every once in a while for me.

A/N
Is it getting any better? 🤪
Why do I have a feeling this isn't going to be as good as my last story 😭🥺🙃