three

Don't start the song until it says so ... it just makes it better

Nora

"Are you tired.." He asked trailing off for my name, "Eleanora" I said plainly "just call me Nora though." I mumbled and he nodded. "Follow me." He mumbled and I got up and followed him through the living room and up the stairs.

We passed quite a few bedrooms on the way to his, when we got there the light was already on. There was a guy sitting at the desk holding a guitar. "Jack?" Daniel asked and he turned around, I didn't even look up.

"Can you sleep somewhere else for tonight?" Daniel nicely asked. Jack nodded yes as he set down his guitar and walked out.

Once he closed the door Daniel cleared his throat. "You can have the bed, there's an air mattress in the closet that I can blow up for myself." He nicely offered.

I wiped the extra tears away from my eyes and kicked off my shoes. I just sat at the end of his bed, staring out the large window that overlooked the city.

I heard Daniel sigh as he took off his shirt. I slowly got up and grabbed the guitar, "do you mind if I play a little?" I asked and he nodded.

*start the song now*

I picked up the guitar and started strumming.

"I've been holding my breath, I've been counting to ten over something you said," I sang quietly. I saw Daniel look up out of the corner of my eye.

I didn't know what to sing next so I just hummed along. I played a few different chords and made my way into the chorus. "You know I'm afraid of change" I started, "I guess that why we stayed the same."

"So tell me to leave, I'll pack my bags, get on the road," I sang, "find someone that loves you better than I do darling I know," tears started to fall again.

Daniel sat on the end of the bed across from me. "You remind me every day I'm not enough but I still stay." I took a quick pause to wipe my tears away.

I didn't know what to say next so I just hummed along to the melody. "I've done a lot of things wrong, loving you being one, but I can't move on." I sighed, almost mumbling at this point.

"You remind me every day, I'm not enough but I still stay, if you want me to leave then tell me to leave and maybe I'll go." I repeated and he hummed along.

I strummed along for a few more seconds. "You remind me every day I'm not enough but I still stay." After I finished the last line I saw a shocked look in his face. "Did you just make that up?" He asked with a small smile on his face.

"Yea" I mumbled as I pulled him into a hug as tears streamed down my face. "hey you're gonna be okay," he said in a calming voice as he rubbed my back. After a minute or two I pulled away and wiped my tears away.

"You should get some sleep," he whispered as he kissed my forehead and then got up. I grabbed his hand as he started to walk away.

Without saying anything he sat back down next to me and pulled me into his arms. This should be Liam, why did he do this to me?

"It's okay if you don't want to talk but um Daniel how long were you two together?" I asked as I pulled the covers up over my body.

"Well we were long distance for a few months and then she moved here maybe six months ago so I'm thinking around nine or ten months." He said nonchalantly as he pulled the covers over himself too. "What about you and Liam?" He asked slowly.

"Three years." I mumbled as I got comfortable. I felt his breathing start to slow down as he drifted off to sleep but I couldn't. I just sat there.

I tried to think of happy things like puppies or whatever but then I thought of that one time Liam and I found a stray and brought it back to the owner.

It's just the little moments like those that kill me right now. I shuffled around to see the alarm clock in the side of the bed and it read 3:37 a.m.

I blinked a few times to see if I was seeing that right and felt Daniel's arms tighten around me. It was so foreign to be laying in someone's arms, I'm used to distance. It wasn't the worst thing in the world though, I liked this feeling.

The next thing I remember is groggily waking up and seeing the light shine through the curtains. I blinked a couple times and I heard a chuckle.

I soon remembered what happened last night and rolled away from Daniel and buried my head in a pillow. For a moment I thought I was alone but sure enough I felt Daniel running his fingers through my hair.

"If you want, I can drive you back there to pack up your stuff." He nicely offered and I lifted my head up, only slightly nodding yes and then hiding back under the pillow.

OOOH SHITTTTTT I HAVE AN ENGLISH PAPER DUE IN TWO FUCKING HOURS AND I HAVE NOT STARTED YETTTTT AHHHH