Chapter 10 | Worries

Nishinoya's eyes widened as he spun around in the water, searching for them.

"TANAKA?! YAMAGUCHI?!"

Tsukishima felt his blood go cold as he dived down.

He saw Yamaguchi's body for a split second. His blindness was no help whatsoever. He quickly scooped him up, throwing him up as high as he could. He dove deeper, grabbing Tanaka. It seemed he pushed up Yamaguchi before his limbs locked and he couldn't move. Tsukishima put Tanaka under his arms, swimming up and coughing up water.

Nishinoya already had Yamaguchi on the shore, conscious. He seemed fine. Tsukishima dragged Tanaka onto shore. He already started coughing up water, turning over slightly to get it out. Nishinoya hit his back, making him cough a little more before stopping.

"Let's take a rest..." Tanaka laughed nervously.

{ ~ }

A large wave started building in the distance. Kageyama splashed water at Hinata, laughing hysterically. Hinata laughed as well.

Neither of them heard Suga yelling at them. Or Daichi's frantic yelling and splashing. The two captains and vice captains raced against time to get to the 1st years while the rest of them ran to get teachers, Ennoshita and Asahi splitting off to go check on the other 2nd and 1st years.

Hinata laughed cheerfully before seeing Kageyama's blank expression.

"GO UNDER!" Kageyama shoved Hinata under the water as the wave came crashing down.

Hinata held his breath immediately, looking around for Kageyama. He saw Kageyama struggling a little, so he grabbed his arms as he went up with him after feeling the wave pass.

They swam towards their upperclassmen, Suga immediately embracing them both from panic.

Bokuto's usually puffed up hair was down, the four boys heavily breathing.

Asahi came running over with Nishinoya in his arms and Tanaka on his back. Tsukishima has Yamaguchi on his back with Ennoshita walking alongside him and watching Yamaguchi.

The sun was coming down and the teachers arrived, taking those who got injured and those near.

{ ~ }

The air was heavy amongst Fukurodani and Karasuno. They ate dinner quietly. Bokuto was still taking, but he seemed at least a little more calm.

Kuroo walked over.

"Sup, Suga-San. How's the team?"

"They're good. We just have to make sure they don't dry drown."

Kenma came from behind Kuroo, tilting his head.

"Dry drowning?"

Suga smiled politely at the shy boy.

"Yeah. Dry drowning is when someone has a near drowning experience and the water they inhaled later effects them. Ingesting the water can cause spasms of vocal chords and the airways."

He looked fascinated.

"Wow...Suga-Senpai is smart."

Daichi pat Suga's back.

"Yep, that's our Class Vice President!" Everyone present at the Karasuno table grinned.

"Is Shouyo okay?"

"Yeah, he's doing well. Thanks to Kageyama, he's doing good."

"Oh...Kuroo, can we visit them later?"

Kuroo looked down at his childhood friend.

"Sure."

{ ~ }