Chapter 5 | Volunteer Work

Takeda-Sensei walked into the classroom, greeted with a lively, "Good morning, Takeda-Sensei!"

Takeda-Sensei smiled back, "Good morning. We're going on a field trip to a camp! I'm sure you already know. We're going with other schools. Picking up trash, plantings trees, helping animals, and socializing."

He could see a few cringe at the last one. No blaming them.

The boys all gathered as they walked out, past other students. Tanaka kept getting in people's faces and going "EHHHHHHH?!", so Daichi scolded him a bit.

They got to the bus, thankfully, peace and sound.

"Okay! I'm gonna do roll call as you guys get on the bus!"

He got a assortment of yes's.

They all filed in one by one, getting checked off.

Takeda got on last, "This is gonna take a while, so take a nap or something!"

Nishinoya, Kageyama, Hinata, and Tanaka instantly fell asleep, thankfully.

Tsukishima and Yamaguchi shared a pair of earbuds, listening to music while reading some manga Yamaguchi brought.

Suga and Daichi just discussed random things together.

Asahi fell asleep as well, whilst looking out the window.

Ennoshita was talking with Takeda about books, sports, quotes, and other random little things. He switched off with Takeda at stops, since he could legally drive.

They finally arrived, Takeda letting them all out. It was around dinner time, so that would be fun.

They all walked to the hall, chattering away.

Hinata looked away from Kageyama, "Hey look, another school! Let's go say Hi-"

Daichi was already on it, introducing himself to the leader.

"Hello, Nekoma!"

"Good evening, Karasuno!"

The two groups stood awkwardly far apart whilst their leaders introduced each other.

"Yaku-Senpai!"

"Nishinoya-San!"

"You're looking even cooler!"

"Same to you, Yaku-Senpai!"

The two short boys pounced on each other, rolling in the dirt.

Hinata turned to a quiet, black and blonde haired boy, skipping up, "Hello!"

The boy flinched, "Erm, Hi..."

"What's your name?"

"Kenma."

"Cool! I'm Hinata!"

Another boy, a hairstyle similar to Tanaka's, just with a Mohawk, walked up.

"EHHHHHH?! WHAT BUSINESS DO YOU HAVE WITH OUR CLASSMATE?!"

Hinata made a small, "EEEEEEEEEEK" noise.

Tanaka stomped over, "EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?! WHAT BUSINESS DO YOU HAVE WITH OUR FIRST YEAR?!"

Suga gently stepped behind Tanaka, "Quit that. You look like a idiot."

That made Tanaka flinch. Nothing hurts more than Suga insulting you.

Yaku walked over as well, "Takerora, shut up. You sound stupid."

He got a good smacking.

"Apologies, our second years are a bit ecstatic sometimes."

"Ah, it's all good. We're sorry as well, our classmate is quite impolite."

The two third years shook hands.

He stared intensely at Kenma, scaring him.

"Bakayama! Stop that, you're scaring him!"

"BOKE, HINATA, BOKE!"

The two boys started wrestling it out. Kenma stepped away, hiding behind their black haired leader.

One more team came over.

"Hey hey hey!"

The two group leaders turned to see the grey, spiky haired leader and his best friend.

"Bokuto-San!"

"Hey hey hey, Kuroo!"

The two boys high fived as Tsukishima and Yamaguchi walked past them all, heading inside to get first bite.

"Hey, freckles!"

A blonde boy with a tongue piercing bent over Yamaguchi, making Yamaguchi absolutely terrified.

"You know I'm-"

"YepPppP-"

A girl dragged him back, "Sorry, he's a creep. Have a nice dinner!"

The two watched as he got his ass beat while she dragged him away.

The boys continued their walk, not talking much.

They said good evening to a black haired girl with glasses, politely bowing. Not too long after came tumbling in their own class, making Tsukki flinch and Yamaguchi giggle at the sight.

They all ate peacefully, mingling around. Mostly 2nd and 3rd year, but those few friendly first years like Hinata.

{ ~ }

"Good night, Hinata."

Kenma waved at his newfound friend.

"See ya, Kenma!"

The orange ball of sunshine grinned as he ran after his raven haired friend.

"I see you made a new friend." Kuroo walked up next to Kenma.

"Mhm."

Kuroo smiled softly as they walked back to their cabin. He thought, still smiling at the thought,

"It's nice to see you smile."

{ ~ }

A/N: Anddd that's a wrap! I deleted the chapter because it didn't fit very well and I forgot about these guys for a bit. School and stuff has been pressuring me down. But! I'm working on a mural in school, so I will send you guys a picture of it when it's done! :3