Chapter 8 | Good Morning

Yamaguchi yawned, sitting up and looking at the sun filled sky. Guess the two fell asleep after the rest left to do whatever.

He crawled over to Tsukishima, who was asleep and leaning on a tree. He gentle shook him.

"Tsukki. Wake up..." The freckle faced boy gently shook him.

Tsukishima shot up, accidentally hitting Yamaguchi.

"Oh, sorry Yamaguchi." Tsukishima stood up and helped Yamaguchi up. The animals seemed to all be asleep, so they carefully walked around them.

{ ~ }

"Suga-Senpai! What're we doing today?" Hinata ran up to Sugawara.

Suga turned around.

"Oh, good morning, Hinata! We're just gonna go down to the beach and pick up trash."

"Uwahhhh! Sounds fun!" Hinata smiled gleefully, running around more before running into Kageyama and falling flat on his ass.

"Watch it, Boke!"

"Meanie!"

Daichi loomed over them, "Stop fighting."

The two nervously nodded, making Sugawara laugh.

Tanaka came out of the cabin, putting his jacket on.

"Where's the salty French fry?"

Ennoshita tilted his head, setting his cup of coffee down.

"Who?"

"Ya know. The first year. The annoyingly tall one."

"Oh, Tsukishima?"

"Yeah. Ya know, all the first years are asses."

Suga laughed even more, "Hinata and Kageyama have half smarts, so they make a whole dumbass!"

The two first years flinched and practically deflated.

Tanaka and Ennoshita laughed as well.

"Tsukishima is a smart ass!" Tanaka wheezed.

"What'd you say about me?" The tall, blonde haired boy looked over Tanaka, making everyone else go silent.

Daichi sighed, "You guys are gonna give me a heart attack someday."

Hinata tilted his head, "Wait, then what kind of 'ass' is Yamaguchi?"

Suga and Daichi turned their heads to Hinata, "HINATA!"

Tsukishima whispered something very, extremely, quiet.

Ennoshita, who was sipping his coffee again, spit it out, coughing.

Tanaka rapidly pat his back.

"I never thought I would hear the day of Tsukishima saying that."

"Hearing what?"

"I'm not even gonna say it again."

Suga yawned, "Okay, let's just go to breakfast now."

"Okay!" The crows cheered.

{ ~ }

As soon as everyone finished up eating, they all went outside with the teachers to discuss what was happening.

The schools stood in groups side by side.

First, Aoba Johsai. From there, Fukurodani, Nekoma, Karasuno, Johzenji, Shiratorizawa, and Date Tech.

Tsukishima tiredly stood next to Yamaguchi before hearing a extremely loud "HEY HEY HEY!"

He groaned loudly, everyone else in Karasuno turning to face the owl haired boy and his team.

Yamaguchi waved politely.

"H-Hello, Bokuto-Senpai."

"Heyo, Yamaguchi! No need to use honorifics with me if you don't want to!"

Daichi walked up, "Oh, Sup Bokuto. Is our groups paired together?"

"Yep!" The ecstatic boy grinned.

"That's nice. I see you already know a few of our first years?"

"Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, and Hinata!"

Yamaguchi blinked, "Hinata?"

The orange haired boy jumped forward, very high.

"Bokuto-Senpai got me ice cream and played volleyball with me!"

Kageyama pursed his lips together.

"Sounds nice."

"It was!"

Kageyama nodded, making Hinata tilt his head at him.

"What, tiredyama? You still grumpy and tired?"

The boy started chasing him, making everyone laugh. Well, except for Tsukishima. He started walking away, finding the path to the beach on his own.

Akaashi turned his head slightly, noticing Tsukishima walking away. He sauntered over to Yamaguchi.

"Yamaguchi-San. Does Tsukishima-Kun usually do his own things?"

Yamaguchi turned to look at the older boy, "Uhm, yeah. Usually he does..."

Akaashi followed Tsukishima, not making a peep. Yamaguchi watched him follow him into the forest and out of view. He was kinda like a mom. A mother owl, kinda. He smiled to himself at the thought.

"This year, I think we'll be fine."

————————————————————————
Author's Note: Anddd that's a wrap! Sorry that I haven't been posting chapters lately. I've been hitting a creativity block. Basically, I've run out of ideas for videos, art, and stories. However, if you guys have any suggestions for this small arc, feel free to suggest! I have a very special thing after this arc, so it's just a matter of getting this over with. Sorry this chapter is short by the way, I just wanted to get something out.