Chapter 3 | The Day

The day went as planned. They practically stayed inside all day.

1. Japanese
2. Social Studies
3. Break
4. Lunch
5. Break
6. Physical Education
7. Math
8. Science

First was Japanese. Half of the class was flunking that, so Takeda started forming groups by intelligence on the subject. But first, he gave out a small test. Here are the groups:

Group 1: Hinata, Kageyama, Tanaka, and Nishinoya

Group 2: Ennoshita, Daichi, Asahi

Group 3: Suga, Tsukishima, Yamaguchi

The groups mingled a bit, spoke, discussed.

They played a small game that included honorifics and how to use them. The game was simple. There were 15 sticks in a bucket. Each team would send a person up to try to answer. The teacher stood at the podium and would say a honorific. They'd use it with a name and whoever raised their hand first could answer if it was an appropriate honorific. Then, they'd have to define the honorific. If they didn't define it correctly, the other teams had a chance with whoever raised their hand first. Whoever won that round got a stick. Simple.

Takeda stood from the podium, "First round, send the player up!"

First round was Kageyama, Ennoshita, and Yamaguchi. Ennoshita won immediately because Kageyama couldn't read well and Yamaguchi was too intimidated by Kageyama.

Second round was Hinata, Daichi, and Suga. Suga won that round easily because Hinata generally sucked and Daichi was too much of a gentleman. However, it took 10 minutes because Suga and Daichi kept insisting on who should answer. Like a married couple. It made a few of them wheeze.

Third was Nishinoya, Asahi, and Tsukishima. Tsukishima got the point because Nishinoya didn't know what to do and Asahi was too nervous.

Fourth up, Tanaka, Ennoshita, and Yamaguchi. Ennoshita kept chasing Tanaka because he was trying to listen to Yamaguchi's quiet whispers of his thoughts. In the end, Yamaguchi did get the point after a bit of time.

Fifth, Kageyama, Daichi, and Suga. Daichi and Suga "lost" because they were "thinking". In reality, they wanted Kageyama to get the point.

Sixth, Tsukishima, Hinata, and Asahi. Tsukishima got the point by a landslide because Hinata was annoying the living crap out of Tsukishima, but stopped and started talking to Asahi.

Much much later, Suga, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi won. Tanaka, Nishinoya, Hinata, and Kageyama sulked about it for a short bit, but recovered.

Social Studies went by easy. Didn't feel long to some of them. For break, they all walked around campus.

Asahi, Suga, and Daichi roamed the halls. The school made it adjustable so only they were outside when it was their break. To prevent any mishaps.

The three third years discussed amongst themselves, heading to the vending machines. There, they found Hinata and Kageyama, batter and bruised with Tanaka and Nishinoya coming from around the corner. They were in just as bad of a shape as them. And Nishinoya was twitching. A lot. Too much.

"Tanaka! What happened here?" Suga rushed to Hinata and Kageyama, pulling them close to him.

"They jumped us. Goddamn it, they jumped us."

Daichi growled slightly, "Damn it..."

Asahi picked up Nishinoya and put him on his back, "Noya..."

Tanaka was about to pick up the orange haired first year, but he stumbled backwards, his left leg freezing. Daichi grabbed his arms and had him lean on him. Kageyama regained consciousness and helped Suga carry Hinata back for the clsssroom.

The walk was quiet. Not a word spoken.

Their wounds were treated. The four were playing with a volleyball outside the gym when two boys dropped full soda cans on their heads. Then, two more boys started beating them up. The four boys ran to the lunch area in search for a teacher, but none were found. None of them could remember their faces. More of, they didn't want to.

Lunch went by as well. The boys acted and seemed fine, but Ennoshita and Suga kept checking every 5 seconds.

The second break, they just talked in the classroom.

P.E., they played volleyball. They were all good at it. Maybe they could start their own volleyball club. And if they didn't have all those issues, they probably would do great.

Math was a pain in the ass for almost everyone. No one liked it anyways.

Science went by a breeze. It's not hard, but it's not too easy. Sometimes.

The last bell rang and the boys rose out of their seats, grabbing their stuff. They filed out in groups and pairs. The third years, the first and seconds years, and Tsukki and Yamaguchi.

{ ~ }

Kageyama chased Hinata around the small parking lot, "BOKE BOKE! GIVE ME BACK MY MILK!"

"No!" Hinata stopped for a second and took a sip before Kageyama snatched it back and inhaled the rest.

Tsukishima and Yamaguchi walked past.

"Indirect kiss." Yamaguchi giggles at Tsukki's little comment as they kept walking.

The second years were dying on the sidewalk (of laughter, don't worry, they'll live...for now). Except for Ennoshita. He pat Hinata and Kageyama's backs rapidly, as they both had a spit take and started coughing.

{ ~ }

"What do you think they're doing right now, Suga?"

"Something dumb. But Ennoshita will probably deal with it."

"good point."

"i'M sO pRoUD oF HiM."

"I swear, you guys are parents."

The two boys turned their heads to the tall bearded teen...

"Quiet, Jesus."