Chapter 7 | The Forest Sanctuary

The 2nd and 3rd years awkwardly looked at the two Karasuno first years, making a small fence and a little house.

Yamaguchi dropped everything as soon as he saw them, backing into Tsukishima, who was making the fence and making him fall forward on it.

"EEEEEEEEEEK!-" Yamaguchi screamed before Tsukishima quickly flipped over and pulled him down, covering his mouth while still staring at the older boys. Yamaguchi relaxed, still staring at the boys in shock. Twitching his hands and legs a little. Awkward position too.

Bokuto tilted his head a little, coming from behind Akaashi, "Oya oya?"

Kuroo grinned, "Oya Oya Oya?"

Their sly grins gave the two boys uneasy feelings as they got up.

Akaashi walked over to them, whilst calmly holding the other three animals, since the rest of them were too hyper or too lazy.

"Mhm." Tsukishima nodded, Yamaguchi holding the back of Tsukishima's shirt, pure fear in his eyes.

Kenma looked at Yamaguchi, sensing how unsettled he was. Bokuto and Kuroo eagerly walked over to Tsukishima, practically dragging him off, saying, "We'll help!"

Yamaguchi stood their awkwardly, gripping his shorts.

"I'm Akaashi." Akaashi offered his hand. Yamaguchi shakily shook his hand. Akaashi offered his most welcoming smile, comforting the poor boy instantly. Kenma came over and shook his hand too. The two boys both practically felt their anxiety through the handshake.

"Do you have anxiety?"

"Yeah."

Akaashi stood, listening to their conversation from there.

{ ~ }

"How tall are you?!"

"What year?"

Tsukishima put together the fence as the two questioned him.

"I'm 188.3 and a first year."

"WOWWWW! THAT'S SO TALLLL!"

"That's impressive!"

"Thank you."

"What's your disability?"

"I'm near blind."

"Yikes, sounds terrifying. I have ADHD!"

"That's cool."

Kuroo actually started helping whilst Bokuto pressed on.

"You excited for the volunteer stuff?"

"Not really. I don't see the point in it."

"You're helping people!"

"It feels empty if you don't know who it's going to."

"Well, I do it every year. And I leave a little thing in the bag too. I think I get where you're getting that though. It felt hollow until I saw a little kid sitting and eating the food on the street and I saw the tag I put in there."

Tsukishima raised his eyebrow at the third year.

Bokuto grinned at him. Kuroo turned his head a smile. Like he was saying, "It's more than just a event."

Tsukishima nodded.

"I see your point of view. I'll tell you when I can understand it too."

"Niceee!"

Bokuto ran over to Akaashi, who was working and talking with Kenma, and started talking to him.

"Don't worry, he's always like that." Kuroo grinned at Tsukishima as they finished their half of the fence.

Tsukishima had a blunt stare as he nodded back.

{ ~ }

Yamaguchi looked over his shoulder occasionally at Tsukishima after he talked to Kenma and Akaashi and started working again.

He saw him give a frantic look as Bokuto and Kuroo pushed him around jokingly. Yet, he could sense he felt happy.

"It's been a long time since I've seen you this way."

{ ~ }

A/N: Uwahhh! We're at 100 reads! You guys are fantastic! Valentine's Day is coming up! Do you guys want me to make a special? Anyways, apologies that I haven't been publishing more often, I recently had a field trip to Disneyland with class! Anyways, have a nice day! ^^