Chapter 2: A Way of Saying Things Complexly

A/N: A newly revised chapter is all I need to satisfy my day.

 This chapter is dedicated to Earl Fred Orozco. Believe me, he’s the only frienemy that can make me laugh in the English language.

Enjoy. :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 2: A WAY OF SAYING THINGS COMPLEXLY

 -EARL-

I was welcomed with a bucket of cold water. A warm substandard room with a partially low humidity and with the basal temperature above one degree, nothing could be much more perfect than this.

Until that happened. I had my blanket covered over my entire body and with that greeting, I feel like it was December 22 already.

The window seemed to be have opened by someone in my room. The cold breeze and the warm sunlight seem to be a mismatch.

No coherence at all between serenity and silence and warfare and tantrums. 

"Who turned on the sun?" I asked and got up. If a first wave of waters isn't enough, a second wave happily greeted my warm body. With the applied water pressure, it made me lie down and I spoke nonsense, again. And for nonsense, I mean Biology. 

"By the invisible antagonistic microbe of the dysentery bacillus, who did this?!” I wiped off some water on my face while saying it out loud in the given range of the room. Perhaps, it was fifty decibels, or probably forty. 

A man in a white sando and also wore Hawaiian boxer shorts, the ones with tiki huts and pineapples, stood there holding a milking bucket dripping with water over the edges.He wore a torn smile, though I’ll take it as a friendly one. His brownish-black eyes did not, or not at all, agreed with the mood right now. It seemed more senile than chaotic. With those descriptions, I can tell it’s my most annoying, older brother, Fred Ian Dewcross.

And I’m his younger sibling, Earl Fred Dewcross. 

“Enough of your biology talks, get up, get dressed and the hell out of here for school.” He said. Ian removed the damp sheets over me, revealing my half-naked body. I just wore black boxers and my one-pack ab. 

 I rule, right? 

“Ian,” I gathered some words and spoke again. “If this would be your daily retributions for taco night, then I suggest. . .” 

“You get up and put your ass in the toilet. It’s six in the morning already, brat. Besides, it’s the first day of school!” Ian muttered. 

Well, that hit the mark.

“Shit.” I said out loud automatically. Some words just get out of my mouth without the brain’s permission. 

I got up from my wet bed. Do some sixty second stretching to put my muscles and my ab a quick zing of energy.

I grabbed my towel which is hanging behind the door and ran as a Renz Corales would do and slammed the bathroom door.

I turned on the heater and the shower. Water came spurting out of the shower; warm water, to be exact. I undressed myself and went inside the shower room. Then, I realized I forgot to lock the bathroom door. I pushed the shower curtains aside and walked bare naked to the door. I pushed the, well, push button and it made a click sound, meaning it was locked already. Then I think I heard Ian saying something. 

“You know you’re going to do the laundry, Earl.” Ian’s faint voice said. 

With the same faint voice, I believe, "Dream on." I said.