Chapter 7: Meeting Destiny - Normal Here, Is 'Way' Beyond There

A/N: To Lujayna. One of the  – WÈ – SÖ-MÉ writers I’ve found on Wattpad.com

Pronunciation key is also available at the last part of the book and a lot of words are added to it.

Please vote after reading. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 7.2: MEETING DESTINY – Normal Here, Is ‘Way’ Beyond There

-EARL AND HYACINTH-

--EARL--

Inheritance? I say to Cannonfire. Why is it called that way? And who named these ‘Sky Swords’?

First of all these are not ‘Sky Swords’, these are the ‘Swords of the Ancient Skies’. ‘The Ancient Skies’ is the magical cosmos that surrounds all of us. It enables us to see and use this ancient art that has been lost in the mundane world, which is your world. Cannonfire says. These swords are forged by the Six Early Disciples of Negima Legendarium, the titan of ultimate magic. They created these swords by using the ‘origin’ magic that is only found in the Ancient Skies.

But you still haven’t answered the question, ‘Why is it called that way?’

The Swords of the Ancient Skies are named after the swords magical abilities. You have Biller---. Cannonfire points the tip of his tail to the sword on my left hand.  Biller is named after the unique magical ability called ‘Briller’. This is the magical ability to elongate and shorten any item this spell has enchanted.

I thought Biller is the Sword of Metalwork and Metal Spirits.

True. Biller is the true representation of it, but Biller’s fighting ability is the ‘Briller’.

For the first time in my life, things make sense. And it comes from a dragon!

What are the other Swords, Cannon? I ask.

Probably, we will talk later about this. Once you’re Identified already.

Identified?

Cannonfire remained silent. So, we continued to walk over the vast halls of the Magic Citizen Headquarters. Portraits of all the leaders of MHS hang above the walls, along with floating candelabras and glowing witch stones. The floor is covered by a burgundy carpet with silver borderlines.

People came rushing out of the other doors in these halls. Almost all of them, bowed at us every time we pass through another open wooden portal---and for that I mean door. Murmurs swallowed out the silence in the halls. I greet them back with a bow, although, in my mind, I’m quite assured that they don’t bow at me. Odd familiars passed through the walls. Some of those familiars are shaped as an imp with wings, fairies and one that Cannonfire calls as Zodiak, an animal that can change into the 12 different Zodiacs. They greeted us with a bow and we nod in return. Fairies fly past me and one blue fairy with the smallest kind of tiara made from bluebells, lands onto Hyacinth’s head.

“Nice hairpiece you got there.” Jean says, in a bored tone as usual. 

Hyacinth shoves the fairy and flies away, but it comes back giving Hyacinth a silver necklace with a flower made from purple stones for its petals. In a small voice, “This is for you, daughter of Gerdenia.”

“What did you say Emily?” Rose wears a shocked face.

“I said, Daughter of Gerdenia. Oh that’s right, you are also the goddess’s daughter, eh Rose?” Emily responds.