Chapter 1: What Must Be Written in the Codex?

A/N: Hope you like it. It took a lot of revising with the help of my friends and classmates. A part of this chapter has names from the Inheritance Cycle Series which belongs to Christopher Paolini.

The bold name after the chapter name is the one speaking.

Carry on.  :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1: WHAT MUST BE WRITTEN IN THE CODEX?

 -ALEX-

Comprehensiveness, my unbelievable logic and my sense of poetic justice are my most common traits. All of which can't be presented helpful in this situation. I could think of something right now but not when you are chained 8450 feet above a pool of lava under 200 degrees Fahrenheit.

I’ve been a pain in the neck for my ancestral grandfather and the titan of darkness (both of which I don't take pride of), Devastum Legend. To tell the truth, I don't even consider my magical family to be a part of my family. The Legend family has been infamous for their cataclysm and wreaking havoc amongst Ancients.

The worst part of it all is that I'm being considered as the heir to the throne being the one carrying the curse.

The curse, I can't even manage to tell anyone about it. I always speak to myself whenever that is the subject. Including now, I suppose. Although, being concentrated to that matter hasn't been easy under this situation.

The question still remains in my head; will I survive and meet my friends or my true family in Mythological High School?

I can't tell. As much as I wanted to get out of here, I still can't get the fact that this will be my end and my last encounter with them was a fight between humanitarian rights and people with congenital disorders.

I am hopeless.

I'm dying.

Probably in one more hour I'll be just a pool of goo in a humungous basin of hot, melted rock. I don't even know if I could survive that long. Sure, I've survived thirty-seven hours being chained with arms and legs spread out, but the clinging and stretching without rest gave my body a whole sore.

But I should keep my hopes up high since somebody is still waiting for me there. Rose. She remains pure and true to the heart. I have to get out of here but there are some things are easier said than done.

"Having fun, Alex?" A dark man with red pupils said. His voice was deep and somewhat husky but not very pleasing. He made an evil smile which I detested immediately in mind.

"You could afford a mausoleum of me but not a non-enchanted, non-combustible ladder? I said. The looks of the damn god didn't even begin to look sour but rather, he's being more entertained about it.

 "Hah! I see you've managed to get some humor in yourself. I knew you have the blood of a Legend." The damn god said. I didn't believe him because I have a terrible sense of humor. If I’ve inherited the ability of saying bad jokes from Devastum then lucky me.

Okay. Within the past thirty-seven and a barely quarter of an hour, I've done almost everything.

Tried invoking spells using my verbal ability, mind and oh, hand gestures which did not work at all since my arms and legs are bounded by enchanted chains. I thought that was the oldest excuse in the magical excuse book, but who's outsmarted now?